The present study deals with development and validation of a simple, rapid, sensitive and economic UV Spectrophotometry method Using AUC technique for Quantitative estimation of Linagliptin bulk material and tablet dosage form. Materials and Methods: In method A, B and Ca stock standard solution was prepared by dissolving 10 mg of Linagliptin in 100 mL of 10% v/v methanol to obtain a concentration of 100 µg/mL. After suitable dilution, 10 µg/mL of Linagliptin was prepared and scanned in the UV-visible range 400–200 nm; Linagliptin showed a maximum absorbance at 295 nm. In Method A, Area Under Curve, (Auc)of the zero-order spectrum was recorded between 280 and 307 nm. While, in Method B, C, zero-order spectra were derivatized into first and second-order, and the AUC was recorded between 302 and 317 nm, and 290 and 303 nm, Results: In Method A, B and C, linagliptin followed linearity in the concentration range of 4–24 µg/mL (r2>0.999). Conclusion: The amount of drug estimated for this methods are in good accord with labeled claim. The % RSD value in recovery, precision, and ruggedness studies are found to be not more than 2 indicated that the method is accurate and precise.
Cite this article:
Chetan. V. Patil, Paresh A. Patil. Development of Validation of Zero order, First-order, Second-order, UV-Spectrophotometry Methods using AUC Technique for Quantitative Estimation of Linagliptin in Bulk Material and Tablets. Asian J. Research Chem. 2020; 13(3):228-232. doi: 10.5958/0974-4150.2020.00044.9
Chetan. V. Patil, Paresh A. Patil. Development of Validation of Zero order, First-order, Second-order, UV-Spectrophotometry Methods using AUC Technique for Quantitative Estimation of Linagliptin in Bulk Material and Tablets. Asian J. Research Chem. 2020; 13(3):228-232. doi: 10.5958/0974-4150.2020.00044.9 Available on: https://ajrconline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2020-13-3-14
1. Sangeetha RK, Subashri T. Analysis of linagliptin in tablet dosage form by UV spectroscopy method, its derivatives and difference spectra. Eur. J. Pharm. Med Res. 2016;3(11):536-40.
2. Banik S, Karmakar P, Miah MA. Development and validation of a UV-spectrophotometric method for determination of vildagliptin and linagliptin in bulk and pharmaceutical dosage forms. Ban. Pharma. J. 2015 Jul 26;18(2): 163-8. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.3329/bpj.v18i2.24316
3. Chalikwar, S.S., Shirkhedkar, A.A., Bagul, M.A., Jain, P.S. and Surana, S.J., 2012. Development and validation of zero and first-order derivative area under curve spectrophotometric methods for the determination of entacapone in bulk material and in tablets. Pharmaceutical methods, 3(1), pp.14-17.https://doi.org/10.4103/2229-4708.97709
4. Rote AR, Kumbhoje PA, Bhambar RS. “UV-visible spectrophotometric simultaneous estimation of paracetamol and nabumetone by AUC method in combined tablet dosage form” Pharm. meth. 2012 Jan 1;3(1):40-3. https://doi.org/10.4103/2229-4708. 97722
5. Pandey R, Patil PO, Patil MU, Deshmukh PK, Bari SB. “Quantitative estimation of diacerein in bulk and in capsule formulation using hydrotropic solubilizing agents by UV-spectrophotometry and the first order derivative using the area under curve method”. Pharm meth. 2012 Jan 1;3(1):4-8.https://doi.org/10.4103/2229-4708.97703
6. Jain PS, Bhadane PV, Chaudhari HP, Surana SJ. “Area under curve method development and validation of midodrine hydrochloride”. Int. J. Pharm. Chem. Anal. 2015; 2:154-60.
7. Jain Pritam S, Bari Pankaj R, GiraseDevendra S, Kadtan Dinesh B, IshiPankaj L, ShinkarDhaval A. “Area Under Curve Method development and validation for estimation of dronedarone in bulk and tablet dosage form”. J. of Pharm. Bio. Sci. 2013; 2:44-7.
8. Loni AB, Ghante MR, Sawant SD. “Simultaneous UV spectrophotometric method for estimation of sitagliptin phosphate and metformin hydrochloride in bulk and tablet dosage form”. Der Pharm. Chemica. 2012;4(3):854-9.
9. Gurav S, Venkatamahesh R. “Development and validation of derivative uv-spectropotometric methods for quantitative estimation of clopidogrel in bulk and pharmaceutical dosage form” Int. J. Chem. Tech. Res. 2012 Apr;4(2):497-501.
10. Dhumal DM, Shirkhedkar AA, Surana SJ. “Quantitative determination of moxifloxacin hydrochloride in bulk and ophthalmic solution by UV-spectrophotometry and first order derivative using area under curve”. Der. Pharma. L. 2011;3(3):453-6.
11. Rathod DR, Dole MN, Sawant SD. “Spectrophotometric determination of glipizide in bulk and tablet dosage form by absorption maxima, first order derivative spectroscopy and area under the curve”. Asian J. Pharm Clin. Res. 2012;5 (Suppl 3):102-4.
12. Validation of Analytical Procedures: Text and Methodology,” ICH-Guidelines Q2 (R1). 2005.