Absorption, distribution, metabolism, excretion and toxicity (ADME-Tox) properties should be considered to develop a new drug, because they are the main cause of failures for candidate molecules in drug design. The early evaluation of these properties during drug design could save time and money. Over the past 5 decades ADME played a major role in drug design process. Psidium guajava under study were analyzed for ADME properties using Swissadme servers. ADME profiles were evaluated and most of the molecules were found to be suitable for further studies. In-silico ADMET analysis is proved to be a good tool in drug discovery.
Cite this article:
Akshay R. Yadav, Shrinivas K. Mohite. ADME Analysis of Phytochemical Constituents of Psidium guajava. Asian J. Research Chem. 2020; 13(5):373-375. doi: 10.5958/0974-4150.2020.00070.X
Akshay R. Yadav, Shrinivas K. Mohite. ADME Analysis of Phytochemical Constituents of Psidium guajava. Asian J. Research Chem. 2020; 13(5):373-375. doi: 10.5958/0974-4150.2020.00070.X Available on: https://ajrconline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2020-13-5-12
1. Daina, Zoete. A Boiled-Egg to Predict Gastrointestinal Absorption and Brain Penetration of Small Molecules. Chem Med Chem. 2016; 11: 1117–1121.
2. Yadav A, Mohite S, Magdum C. Synthesis, Characterization and Biological Evaluation of Some Novel 1,3,4-Oxadiazole Derivatives as Potential Anticancer Agents. Int J Sci Res Sci Technol. 2020; 7 (2): 275-282.
3. Daina A, Michielin O, Zoete V. SwissADME: a free web tool to evaluate pharmacokinetics, druglikeness and medicinal chemistry friendliness of small molecules. Sci. Rep. 7: 1-13.
4. Akshay R. Yadav, Shrinivas K. Mohite. Anticancer Activity and In-Silico ADMET Analysis of Malvastrum Coromandelianum. International Journal of Pharma Sciences and Research. 2020; 11(5): 71-73.
5. Swiss ADME: a free web tool to evaluate pharmacokinetics, drug-likeness and medicinal chemistry friendliness of small molecules. Sci Rep. 2017; 7: 42717.
6. Wang Y, Xing J, Xu Y, Zhou N, Peng J, Xiong Z, Liu X, Luo X, Luo C, Chen K, Zheng M, Jiang H. In silico ADME/T modeling for rational drug design. Q Rev Biophys. 2015; 48(4): 488-515.
7. Clark. Open Source Bayesian Models. Application to ADME/Tox and Drug Discovery Datasets. J. Chem. Inf. Model. 2015; 55: 1231–1245.
8. Yadav A, Mohite S. Design, Synthesis and Characterization of Some Novel benzamide derivatives and it’s Pharmacological Screening. Int J Sci Res Sci Technol. 2020; 7(2): 68-74.
9. Grosdidier A, Zoete, Michielin., SwissDock, a protein-small molecule docking web service based on EADock DSS. Nucleic Acids Res. 2011; 39: 270–277.
10. Ertl, P. and Schuffenhauer, A. Estimation of synthetic accessibility score of drug-like molecules based on molecular complexity and fragment contributions. J. Cheminform. 2009; 1: 8.
11. Lipinski, C. A., Lombardo, Dominy. Experimental and computational approaches to estimate solubility and permeability in drug discovery and development settings, Adv. Drug. Deliv. Rev. 2001; 46: 3–26.