Paritosh K. Rana, Suhas P. Janwadkar, Dilip K. Yadav
Paritosh K. Rana*, Suhas P. Janwadkar, Dilip K. Yadav
Department of Chemistry, S.D. Arts, V. S. Apte Commerce and M. H. Mehta, Science College, Palghar- 401404.
Volume - 14,
Issue - 4,
Year - 2021
The Semicarbazone derivatives of 2-4, dihydroxy acetophenone is synthesized and characterized by physico-chemical techniques such as melting point, Ultra Violet-Visible Spectrophotometer, Fourier Transform Infra-Red (FTIR), proton nuclear magnetic resonance (1HNMR) spectroscopy and used as a chelating agent to form complex with Copper as Copper (II) semicarbazone derivative. The synthesised Copper (II) semicarbazone complex was also studied for its complex formation IR analysis, decomposition studies using TGA. The synthesised Copper (II) semicarbazone complex was successfully employed as precursor for synthesis of nano crystalline Copper oxide and its formation was confirmed by UV-Visible spectroscopy and XRD analysis. The method successfully employed use of Copper (II) semicarbazone complex for synthesis of nano Copper oxide.
Cite this article:
Paritosh K. Rana, Suhas P. Janwadkar, Dilip K. Yadav. Synthesis of Nanocrystalline Copper Oxide using Copper (II) Semicarbazone Derivative. Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry. 2021; 14(4):255-8. doi: 10.52711/0974-4150.2021.00043
Paritosh K. Rana, Suhas P. Janwadkar, Dilip K. Yadav. Synthesis of Nanocrystalline Copper Oxide using Copper (II) Semicarbazone Derivative. Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry. 2021; 14(4):255-8. doi: 10.52711/0974-4150.2021.00043 Available on: https://ajrconline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2021-14-4-4
1. Vogal A. I. ‘Text Book of qualitative Inorganic Analysis’, Longman Green and Co. ltd., London 1961.
2. L. A. Patil, D. R. Patil, Heterocontact type CuO-modified SnO2 sensor for the detection of a ppm level H2S gas at room temperature, Sens. Actuators B. 2006; 120(1): 316-323.
3. D. R. Patil, L. A. Patil, Preparation and study of NH3 gas sensing behavior of Fe2O3 doped ZnO thick film resistors, Sens. Transducers. 2006; 70(1): 661-670.
4. D. R. Patil, L. A. Patil, G. H. Jain, M. S. Wagh, S. A. Patil, Surface activated ZnO thick film resistors for LPG gas sensing, Sens. Transducers. 2006; 74(2): 874-883.
5. Khopkar S. M.; ‘Basic Concepts in Analytical Chemistry,’ 2nd edition.
6. Ahluwalia V.K., Bhagat P., Aggarwal R., Chandra R.; ‘Intermediates for Organic synthesis’. 1998.
7. S. Chandra, D. Jain, and A. K. Sharma, “EPR, mass, electronic, IR spectroscopic and thermal studies of bimetallic copper (II) complexes with tetradentate ligand, 1,4-diformyl piperazine bis(carbohydrazone),” Spectrochimica Acta Part A. 2009; 71(5): 1712–1719.
8. J. Rajbongshi, D. K. Das, and S. Mazumdar, “Direct electrochemistry of dinuclear Cu (II) fragment from cytochrome oxidase of Thermus thermophilus at surfactant modified glassy carbon electrode,” Electrochimica Acta. 2010; 55(13): 4174–4179.
9. J. Patole, S. Dutta, S. Padhye, and E. Sinn, “Tuning up superoxide dismutase activity of copper complex of salicylaldehyde semicarbazone by heterocyclic bases pyridine and N-methyl imidazole,” Inorganica Chimica Acta. 2001; 318(1-2): 207–211.
10. Raman N, Sobha S (2010). Synthesis, Characterization, DNA interaction and antimicrobial screening of isatin-based polypyridyl mixed-ligand Cu (II) and Zn (II) complexes. J. Serbian Chemical Soc.2014; 75(1): 1-16.
11. Chan S, Wong W. T, Synthesis, structure and DNA-binding studies on the 2-(3-chlorophenyl) imidazo [4, 5-f]1, 10-phenanthroline-bis (2, 20-bipyridine) – ruthenium (II) complex. Coordination Chem. Rev. 1995; 138(1): 196–219.
12. A. Jamal Abdul Nasser, A. Pasupathy, R. Surendra Kumar, A. Idhayadhulla Synthesis, Characterization and Electrochemical Behavior of Transition Metal (II) Complexes from 2, 6-Diphenyl-Piperidin-4-Thiosemicarbazone and their Antimicrobial Studies, Asian J. Research Chem. 2010; 3(4): 1022-1026.
13. Patankar-Jain K.N., Jain N.G., Memon Irfan R. Liquid-Liquid Extraction and Spectrophotometric Determination of Fe(III) using 5-Nitrosalicylaldehyde Semicarbazone (NSS) as an Analytical Reagent. Asian J. Research Chem. 2014; 7(8): 695-697.
14. Kamlendra Kumar, B. K. Singh, synthesis, characterization and anti-microbial activity of some 4-thiazolidinone conjugatives, Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Analysis. 2020; 10(1): 2231-2235.
15. Vinay C H, Prakash Goudanavar, Ankit Acharya, Mohammed Gulzar Ahmed, Prem Kumar S R, Development and Characterization of Orange Peel Extract Based Nanoparticles, Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Research. 2018; 8(2): 71-77.
16. Sajid Ali and Draksha, Synthesis, Characterization and Biological Evaluation of Some Cobalt (II), Nickel (II) and Copper (II) Complexes of 4[N(2’,4’-Dichlorobenzalidene) Amino] Thiosemicarbazone and 4[N(2’,4’Dinitrobenzalidene) Amino]. Asian J. Research Chem.2011 4(6): 976-983.
17. N.K. Hada and Ashawat M.S., Aquasome: A Self-Assembling Supramolecular and Nanoparticulate Carrier System for Bio-Actives. Research Journal of Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms and Technology. 2014; 6(1): 50-53.
18. K. Kumaresn, D. Parthiban, V. Sivanarayan, N. Arun, P. Kumaravel, Toxicity Effect of Copper oxide Nanoparticles on Artemia salina, Research Journal ofPharmacology and Pharmacodynamics, 2015; 7(2): 53-60.
19. Ponnilavarasan I, Rajasekaran A, Sivakumar KK, Sundaramoorthi C, Swastika Ganguly and Sivasakthi, Synthetic Approach for the Novel Semicarbazones of Quinazoline ring and its Biological Activity, Asian J. Research Chem. 2010; 3(2): 491-495.
20. Sunakar Panda and Swapna Sankar Nayak, Inclusion Complexes of Acridone and Its Semicarbazone Derivative With β- Cyclodextrin: - A Thermodynamic, Spectral and Antimicrobial Study. Asian J. Research Chem.2009; 2(4): 539-543.