Azole exhibits wide range of pharmacological properties. there is limited number of drugs are available to treat microbial infection that too have serious toxic effects the existing drugs has been suffering from the development of resistance and thus newer drugs are required with better activity profile. In this paper synthesis of 1,3,4- oxadiazole derivative with precursor salicylic acid and perform an antifungal activity.
Cite this article:
Anuja Patil, Shriniwas Mohite. Synthesis of 1,3,4-Oxadiazole derivatives with its Antifungal Activity Evaluation. Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry. 2021; 14(5):336-8. doi: 10.52711/0974-4150.2021.00057
Anuja Patil, Shriniwas Mohite. Synthesis of 1,3,4-Oxadiazole derivatives with its Antifungal Activity Evaluation. Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry. 2021; 14(5):336-8. doi: 10.52711/0974-4150.2021.00057 Available on: https://ajrconline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2021-14-5-6
1. Suman Bala, Sunil Kamboj, Ashok Kumar. Heterocyclic 1,3,4-oxadiazole compounds with diverse biological activities: A comprehensive review. Journal of Pharmacy Research. 2010 September 13, 3(12), 2993-2997.
2. Zoulikha Khiati, Adil.A. Othmun, Bettche Guessas. Synthesis and Antibacterial Activity of 1,3,4-Oxadiazole and 1,2,4-Triazole Derivative of Salicylic Acid and its Synthetic Intermediates. South African Journal of Chemistry. 2007 March 5, 60, 20-24.
3. C. H. Lee, H. I. Cho and K-J. Lee. Synthesis of 1,3,4-oxadiazoles having phenol or thiophenol group. Bulletin of Korean Chemcal Society. 2001, 22, 10, 1153-1155.
4. Y. Zhang, R-Z. Qiao, P-F Xu, Z-Y Zang, Q. Wang. Synthesis and Antibacterial Activities of 2-(1-Aryl-5-Methyl-1,2,3-triazol-4yl)-1,3,4-0xadiazole derivatives. Journal of Chinese Chemical Society, 2013 September 24 ,49(3), 369-373.
5. B. H. Furniss, A. J. Hannaford, P. W. G. Smith and A. R. Tatchell, Vogel’s Text Book of Practical Organic Chemistry, Addison Wesley Longman, New Delhi (1998) p.1077.
6. F. A. Omkar, N. M. Mahfouz and M. A. Rahaman. Synthesis and Antimicrobial Activity of 2-substituted [4-(1,3,4-oxadiazol-2-ylmethyl)] phthalazine-1 (2 H)-one Derivatives. European Journal Medicinal Chemistry. 1996, 31, 819-825.
7. Savithri Kumar, Basappa Chidananda, Vasantha Kumar. Crystal structure, Hirshfeld analysis and HSA interaction studies of N-[(E)-(5-bromothiophene-2-yl) methylidene]-3-hydroxynaphthalene -2-carbohydrazide. Journal of Molecular Structure. 2019 March 16, 1189, 343-351.
8. O. Ates, A. Kocabalkanli, N. Cesur and G. Otuk, Synthesis and antimicrobial activity of some 5-aryl-2-[(N,N-disubstituted thiocarbamoylthio)acylamino]-1,3,4-oxadiazoles. Farmaco. 1998 August 30, 53(8-9), 541-544.