Nalla Priyanka, M. Sowjanya, Miriyala Mrunalini, Ayinam Vasavi, G. Raveendra Babu
Nalla Priyanka1*, M. Sowjanya2, Miriyala Mrunalini3, Ayinam Vasavi3, G. Raveendra Babu4
1Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, A.K.R.G. College of Pharmacy, Nallajerla, W.G. Dist., Andhra Pradesh.
2Department of Chemistry, Vijaya Teja Degree College, Addanki-523201, Andhra Pradesh.
3Department of Pharmaceutics, A.K.R.G. College of Pharmacy, Nallajerla, W.G. Dist., Andhra Pradesh.
4Department of Pharmaceutical Analysis, A.K.R.G. College of Pharmacy, Nallajerla, W.G. Dist., Andhra Pradesh.
Volume - 15,
Issue - 2,
Year - 2022
The study's goal is to synthesis novel benzodiazepine analogues, some of which are chalcones. The elemental analysis, infrared, and 1H nuclear magnetic resonance examinations examined the structures of the newly produced substances. To test for anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties, all substances bearing a descriptor were evaluated. Here, 1,5-(disubstituted phenyl)-2,4-pentadien-1-one derivatives are created from scratch using a new process. By condensing cinnamaldehyde with different aromatic ketones in the presence of 10% NaOH as a base, 1,5-(disubstituted phenyl)-2,4-pentadien-1-one was produced. 2-(substituted phenyl)-3-styryl-2,3-dihydro-1H-benzodiazepine derivatives were synthesised from 1,5-(disubstituted phenyl)-2,4-pentadien-1-one on cyclization with o-phenylene diamine in the presence of NaOH as base. Carrageenan and formalin-induced rat paw edoema technique was used to evaluate the antioxidant and anti-inflammatory activities of the final synthesised benzodiazepine derivatives. Compared to the usual ascorbic acid and diclofenac sodium, the compounds displayed significant anti-inflammatory effect. This means that nitro, chloro, fluoro, and bromo included electron withdrawing groups, which caused an increase in anti-inflammatory action. Most of the produced drugs had strong anti-inflammatory efficacy.
Cite this article:
Nalla Priyanka, M. Sowjanya, Miriyala Mrunalini, Ayinam Vasavi, G. Raveendra Babu. Synthesis, characterization, anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant activities of novel 2, 4-di substituted 1, 5- benzodiazepine derivatives. Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry. 2022; 15(2):109-4. doi: 10.52711/0974-4150.2022.00017
Nalla Priyanka, M. Sowjanya, Miriyala Mrunalini, Ayinam Vasavi, G. Raveendra Babu. Synthesis, characterization, anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant activities of novel 2, 4-di substituted 1, 5- benzodiazepine derivatives. Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry. 2022; 15(2):109-4. doi: 10.52711/0974-4150.2022.00017 Available on: https://ajrconline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2022-15-2-1
1. Ilango SS, Remya PU, Ponnuswamy S. Synthesis and antimicrobial activity of novel 1,5-benzodiazepines. Indian J Chem 2013;52B(01):136-40.
2. Kudo Y. Hypnotic effects of a benzodiazepine derivative: A clinical observation. Int Pharmacopsychiatry 1982;17(1):49-64.
3. De Sarro G, Gitto R, Rizzo M, Zappia M, De Sarro A. 1,4-Benzodiazepine derivatives as anticonvulsant agents in DBA/2 mice. Gen Pharmacol 1996;27(6):935-41.
4. Najafi N, Pirali M, Dowlatabadi R, Bagheri M, Rastkari N, Abdollahi M. Synthesis and analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties of new benzodiazepine derivatives. Pharm Chem J 2005;39(12):641-3.
5. Fruscella P, Sottocorno M, Di Braccio M, Diomede L, Piccardi N, Cagnotto A, et al. 1,5-Benzodiazepine tricyclic derivatives exerting anti-inflammatory effects in mice by inhibiting interleukin-6 and prostaglandinE(2)production. Pharmacol Res 2001;43(3):445-52.
6. Tardibono LP, Miller MJ. Synthesis and anticancer activity of new hydroxamic acid containing 1,4-benzodiazepines. Org Lett 2009; 11(7):1575-8.
7. Lingjaerde O. Effect of the benzodiazepine derivative estazolam in patients with auditory hallucinations. A multicentre double-blind, cross-over study. Acta Psychiatr Scand 1982;65(5):339-54.
8. Nowakowska Z. A review of anti-infective and anti-inflammatory chalcones. Eur J Med Chem 2007;42(2):125-37.
9. Hans RH, Guantai EM, Lategan C, Smith PJ, Wan B, Franzblau SG, et al. Synthesis, antimalarial and antitubercular activity of acetylenic chalcones. Bioorg Med Chem Lett 2010;20(3): 942-4.
10. Syam S, Abdelwahab SI, Al-Mamary MA, Mohan S. Synthesis of chalcones with anticancer activities. Molecules 2012;17(6):6179-95.
11. Hsieh HK, Tsao LT, Wang JP, Lin CN. Synthesis and anti-inflammatory effect of chalcones. J Pharm Pharmacol 2000; 52(2): 163-71.
12. Bandgar BP, Gawande SS, Bodade RG, Totre JV, Khobragade CN. Synthesis and biological evaluation of simple methoxylated chalcones as anticancer, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant agents. Bioorg Med Chem 2010;18(3):1364-70.
13. Xuan F, Juhua F, Zhenhua D, Lili L, Xiaohua L, Xiaoming F. Enantioselective synthesis of 2-substituted-1,5-benzodiazepines through domino reaction of o-phenylenediamine and chalcone derivatives. Eur JOC 2010;27:5233.
14. Winter CA, Risley EA, Nuss GW. Carrageenin-induced edema in hind paws of the rat as an assay for antiiflammatory drugs. Proc Soc Exp Biol Med 1962; 111:544-7.
15. C. A. Winter, E. A. Risley, and G. W. Nuss. Carrageenin-induced edema in hind paw of the rat as an assay for antiinflammatory drugs. Experimental Biology and Medicine. 1962; 111(3): 544–547.
16. P. Crunkhorn and S. C. R. Meacock. Mediators of the inflammation induced in the rat paw by carrageenan. British Journal of Pharmacology. 1971; 42(3): 392–402.
17. M. Di Rosa and L. Sorrentino. The mechanism of the inflammatory effect of carrageenan. European Journal of Pharmacology. 1968; 4(3): 340–342.
18. Swarajyam Y. A Study to Assess the Knowledge and Practices of Mothers Regarding Worm Infestation among School age Children (6-12 Years) in Order to Develop Health Education Pamphlet in a Selected Rural Community, Bangalore. Asian J. Nur. Edu. & Research 1(1): Jan.-March 2011; Page 28-30.
19. P. Balakrishnan. A Comparative study to assess the knowledge and attitude of adolescents (16-18 years) regarding alcoholism and its hazards between selected rural and urban Pre-University College at Bangalore. Asian J. Nur. Edu. & Research 1(1): Jan.-March 2011; Page 31-36.
20. Ganesh. A study to assess the effectiveness of structured-teaching programme on knowledge regarding rheumatic fever among school children between the age group of 14 –15 years in a selected school, Chidambaram. Asian J. Nur. Edu. & Research 2(1): Jan.-March 2012; Page 12-14
21. Sherin A. Hameed, Joyamma Varkey, P. Jayasekhar. Schiff bases and Bicyclic derivatives comprising 1, 3, 4-thiadiazole moiety- A Review on their Pharmacological activities. Asian J. Pharm. Res. 2019; 9(4):299-306.
22. Prajakta P Shinde, Shahu D Khule, Sneha Sonawane, Suvarna Shelke. Analgesic activity and anti-inflammatory activity of methanolic extract of plant Sida cordata in carrageenan-induced paw edema in rats. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Research. 2021; 11(3):143-6.
23. Kiran Madhawai, Dinesh Rishipathak, Santosh Chhajed, Sanjay Kshirsagar. Predicting the Anti-Inflammatory Activity of Novel 5-Phenylsulfamoyl-2-(2-Nitroxy) (Acetoxy) Benzoic acid derivatives using 2D and 3D-QSAR (kNN-MFA) Analysis. Asian J. Res. Pharm. Sci. 2017; 7(4): 227-234.
24. Debarshi Kar Mahapatra, Ruchi S. Shivhare, Sayan Dutta Gupta. Anxiolytic activity of some 2, 3-dihydrobenzo[b] [1, 4] oxazepine derivatives synthesized from Murrayanine-Chalcone. Asian J. Res. Pharm. Sci. 2018; 8(1):25-29.
25. Dhananjay Babanrao Deshmukh, Mahesh Ramrao Sherkar. Evaluation of In Vivo Analgesic and Anti-Inflammatory Activity of Ethanolic Extract of Medicinal Plant-Lagenaria siceraria. Asian J. Pharm. Tech. 2019; 9(2):75-78.
26. Sujata S. Sawant, Sangram S. Patil, Hemant S. Kandle, Manohar D. Kengar, Ganesh B. Vambhurkar, Mangesh A. Bhutkar. Development and Characterization of Lornoxicam loaded microsponge gel for Rheumatoid arthritis. Asian J. Pharm. Tech. 2019; 9(3):173-178.
27. Vani Mamillapalli, Ratna Harika Chapala, Tejaswi Komal Sai Sareddu, Latha Sri Kondaveeti, Santhi Pattipati, Padmalatha Khantamneni. Evaluation of Phytochemical and in Vitro Anti-Inflammatory activity of Leaf and Fruit Extracts of Casuarina equisetifolia. Asian J. Pharm. Tech. 2020; 10(3):143-148.