A simple precise, rapid accurate and sensitive titration method was developed for quantitative determination of isoxsuprine hydrochloride in pharmaceutical dosage form. The titration was carried out using standardized 0.1 N sodium hydroxide solution. The proposed method was found to be precise with % RSD <1 (n = 6). The method showed strict linearity (r2 > 0.99) between 10 % to 50 % of 500 mg of drug, substance weight. The percentage recovery of isoxsuprine hydrochloride in the optimized method was 99.02 % to 99.84 %. The method is also found to be rugged when checked by different analysts and using different lots of reagents and different laboratories.
Cite this article:
Rele Rajan V., Tiwatane Prathamesh P. A Validated Simple Titrimetric Method for the Quantitative determination of Isoxsuprine hydrochloride from Pharmaceutical dosages. Asian J. Research Chem. 2020; 13(3):187-189. doi: 10.5958/0974-4150.2020.00036.X
Rele Rajan V., Tiwatane Prathamesh P. A Validated Simple Titrimetric Method for the Quantitative determination of Isoxsuprine hydrochloride from Pharmaceutical dosages. Asian J. Research Chem. 2020; 13(3):187-189. doi: 10.5958/0974-4150.2020.00036.X Available on: https://ajrconline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2020-13-3-6
1. P. Saritha, T. Charan Singh, C. Gyanakumari, Spectrophotometric Determination of Isoxsuprine in Pure and Pharmaceutical Forms, IOSR Journal of Applied Chemistry, 8(8); 2015):43-49.
2. Archana Dolly, Pradeep Mishra, Narendra K. Jain, New spectrophotometric method for determination of isoxsuprine hydrochloride in tablets, Analytical Chemistry, An Indian Journal, 6(2); 2007: 82-85.
3. Kanakapura Basavaiah, Kalsang Tharpa, Kanakapura Basavaiah Vinay, Simple Spectrophotometric Determination of Isoxsuprine Hydrochloridein Spiked Human Urine and in Tablets Using Folin-Ciocalteu’s Reagent Proc Indian Natn Sci Acad 76(3); 2010:149-156.
4. Rajeswari, C.V.; Naidu, D.V.; Naidu, N.V.S.; Naidu, P.R., A simple spectrophotometric method for determination of isoxsuprine hydrochloride in pharmaceuticals, Talanta 35(3); 1988: 237-238.
5. Kanakapura Basavaiah, Kalsang Tharpa, and Kanakapura Basavaiah Vinay, Spectrophotometric Determination of Isoxsuprine Hydrochlorideas Base Form in Pharmaceutical Formulation through Charge Transfer Complexation, Croatica Chemica Acta, 83 (4); 2010: 415–420.
6. Sekar A. M., Jerad Suresh A, Niraimathi.V, Spectrophotometric Methods for the Estimation of Isoxsuprine Hydrochloride in Bulk and Oral Dosage Form, IOSR Journal of Pharmacy and Biological Sciences, 4(1); 2012: 09-12.
7. J.M. Bosken, A.F.Et A, A GC-MS method for determination of isoxsuprine hydrochloride in biological fluids of the horse utilizing Electron impact ionization, Journal of Analytical Toxicology, 28; 2004: 27-34.
8. Vikrant Suryavanshi, Deeliprao Derle, Development and evaluation of elementary osmotic pump of isoxsuprine hydrochloride, World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research, 5(5); 2016:1285-1297.
9. Attia, Khalid A.M.; El-Abassawi, Nasr M.A.; Said, Ragab A.M.; El-Olemy, Ahmed; Ramzy, Sherif, Spectra-Processing and Ratio Spectra-Manipulating Methods Applied for the Determination of Isoxsuprine Hydrochloride in the Presence of Its Oxidative Degradation Product, Journal of AOAC International, 100( 6); 2017: 1739-1746.
10. Kalsang Tharpa, Kanakapura Basavaiah, Kanakapura Basavaiah Vinay, Non-aqueous and two-phase titrimetric assay of isoxsuprine hydrochloride in pharmaceuticals, Journal of Analytical Chemistry, 67(4)2012: 335–339.