Jayanna N. D., Vagdevi H. M, Dharshan J. C, Manjuraj T., Shreedhara S. H
Jayanna N. D.1*, Vagdevi H. M2, Dharshan J. C3, Manjuraj T.2, Shreedhara S. H2
1Department of Chemistry, S. S. M. S. College, Athani, 59104, Belagaum, Karnataka, India.
2Department of Chemistry, Sahyadri Science College (Autonomous), Shimoga 577203, India.
Volume - 13,
Issue - 5,
Year - 2020
A new route have been developed in the cyclization of Schiff’s bases 2-(6-methoxy-2-naphthyl)methylene]amino}phenol derivatives using Iodobenzoxydi acetate (IBD)/Lead tetra acetate (LTA) to yield 2-(6-methoxy-2-napthyl)-1,3-benzoxazole derivatives 3a-f. IBD is the most efficient and effective and acts as oxidant in the synthesis of target molecules with better yield than LTA. The obtained products have been characterized by IR, 1H NMR, 13C NMR and Mass spectral studies. The DFT-based optimization structures, bond length, bond angle, HOMO-LUMO energy gap were calculated by B3LYP/LANL2DZ level of theory. The synthesized compounds have been exhibited encouraging anticancer and larvicidal activities. The compound 3c exhibited higher mortality as compared melathione standard against Aedes aegypti mosquito larvae. The cytotoxicity assay applied to determine anticancer activity of the compounds against HT-29- Human colorectal adenocarcinoma cell line. The anticancer activity revealed that the compounds 3a, 3c, 3d and 3f were the most active compounds in the series towards HT-29- Human colorectal adenocarcinoma cell line by total lysis with minimum concentration and supported by in silico molecular docking studies.
Cite this article:
Jayanna N. D., Vagdevi H. M, Dharshan J. C, Manjuraj T., Shreedhara S. H. An efficient synthesis of 2-(6-methoxy-2-napthyl)-1,3-benzoxazole derivatives using IBD/LTA: Reactivity, DFT, Anticancer and Larvicidal activities. Asian J. Research Chem. 2020; 13(5):312-318. doi: 10.5958/0974-4150.2020.00060.7
Jayanna N. D., Vagdevi H. M, Dharshan J. C, Manjuraj T., Shreedhara S. H. An efficient synthesis of 2-(6-methoxy-2-napthyl)-1,3-benzoxazole derivatives using IBD/LTA: Reactivity, DFT, Anticancer and Larvicidal activities. Asian J. Research Chem. 2020; 13(5):312-318. doi: 10.5958/0974-4150.2020.00060.7 Available on: https://ajrconline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2020-13-5-2
1. A. Gellis, H. Kovacic, N. Boufatah, P. Vanelle; Eur. J. Med. Chem; 43, 1858, (2008).
2. V. Akurathi, L. Dubois, S. Celen, N.G. Lieuwes, S.K. Chitneni, B.J. Cleynhens, A. Innocenti, C.T. Supuran, A.M. Verbruggen, P. Lambin, G.M. Bormans; Eur. J. Med. Chem; 71, 374 (2014).
3. N. Chandna, S. Kumar, P. Kaushik, D. Kaushik, S.K. Roy, G.K. Gupta, S.M. Jachak, J.K. Kapoor, P.K. Sharma; Bioorg. Med. Chem; 21, 4581 (2013).
4. H.Z. Zhang, S.F. Cui, S. Nagarajan, S. Rasheed, G.X. Cai, C.H. Zhou; Tetrahedron Lett; 55, 4105 (2014).
5. Jayanna ND, Vagdevi HM, Dharshan JC, Raghavendra R, Telkar SB; Med Chem Res; 08; 22:5814-22, (2013).
6. Wade L; Infrared Spectroscopy and Mass Spectrometry. Organic chemistry. 6th Edition. Pearson prentice Hull: New Jersey USA.:508-58, (2006).
7. Deepak Kumar Basedia, Birendra Shrivastava, B. K. Dubey, Pankaj Sharma; Asian J. Research Chem, 7(3);310-315, (2014).
8. T Manjuraj, G Krishnamurthy, D Yadav Bodke, H.S Bhojya Naik; Journal of Molecular Structure; 1148, (15), 231–237, (2017).
9. K.B. Abdireimov, N.S. Mukhamedov, R. Ya Okmanov, M.Zh. Aiymbetov, B. Tashkhodzhaev, Kh.M. Shakhidoyatov; Chem. of Heterocyclic Compounds; 49, 760 (2013).
10. Hahn FE, Paas M., Le Van D, Lugger T; Angew Chem. Int Edit; 42(42):5243-6, (2003).
11. KS Vinayaka, TR Prashith Kekuda, N Rajkumar, Chandrashekar MB, Shivakumar Banakar and Shruti V Hegde, Research J. Pharm. and Tech; 2 (4);850-853 (2009).
12. J. Ponmani, H.B. Liu, L. Gopala, Y. Cheng, X.M. Peng, R.X. Geng, C.H. Zhou; Bioorg. Med. Chem. Lett; 27, 1737 (2017).
13. N. Siddiqui, Md.S. Alam, R. Ali, M. Shahar Yar, O. Alam; Med. Chem. Res; 25, 1390 (2016).
14. T Manjuraj, G Krishnamurthy, D Yadav. Bodke, H.S Bhojya Naik; Journal of Molecular Structure; 1171; 481-487, (2018).
15. S. N. Battin, A. H. Manikshete1, S. K. Sarasamkar, M. R. Asabe, D. J. Sathe, Asian J. Research Chem; 10(5): 660-668 (2017).
16. Sherin A. Hameed, Joyamma Varkey, P. Jayasekhar, Asian J. Pharm. Res; 9(4):299-306 (2019).
17. N.D Jayanna, HM Vagdevi, JC Dharshan, R Raghavendra, SB Telkar; Med Chem Res; 22:5814-22, (2013).
18. S Subash chandrabose, H Saleem, Y Erdogdu, G Rajarajan, V Thanikachalam; Spectrochim Acta Part A; 82(1):260–9 (2011).
19. Y Erdogdu, O Unsalan, M Amalanathan, JI Hubert; J Mol Struct; 980(3):24–30, 2010.
20. T Manjuraj, G Krishnamurthy, Yadav D. Bodke, H.S. Bhojya Naik, Mohammed Shafeeulla; Asian J. Research Chem; 10(4): (2017).
21. S Nandhini, R Radha, R Vadivu, Asian J. Pharm. Res; 6(3): 123-130 (2016).
22. AK Singh and JW Lown. Design; Anti-Cancer Drug Des; 15(4):265-75, (2000).