A simple precise, rapid accurate and sensitive non-aqueous potentiometric titration method was developed for quantitative determination of isoxsuprine hydrochloride from pharmaceutical dosage form. The titration was carried out using standardized 0.1 N perchloric acid. The proposed method was found to be precise with %RSD <1 (n = 6). The method showed strict linearity (r2 > 0.9999) between 10% to 50% of 0.500mg of drug substance weight. The percentage recovery of isoxsuprine hydrochloride in the optimized method was between 98.66 to 99.95%. The method is also found to be rugged when checked by different analysts and using different lots of reagents and different makes of titrators.
Cite this article:
Rele Rajan V., Tiwatane Prathamesh P. A Validated Potentiometric titration method for Quantitative Determination of Isoxsuprine hydrochloride from Pharmaceutical Preparation. Asian J. Research Chem. 2020; 13(6):465-468. doi: 10.5958/0974-4150.2020.00082.6
Rele Rajan V., Tiwatane Prathamesh P. A Validated Potentiometric titration method for Quantitative Determination of Isoxsuprine hydrochloride from Pharmaceutical Preparation. Asian J. Research Chem. 2020; 13(6):465-468. doi: 10.5958/0974-4150.2020.00082.6 Available on: https://ajrconline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2020-13-6-9
1. P. Saritha, T. Charan Singh, C. Gyanakumari, Spectrophotometric Determination of Isoxsuprine in Pure and Pharmaceutical Forms, IOSR Journal of Applied Chemistry, 8(8); 2015):43-49.
2. Archana Dolly, Pradeep Mishra, Narendra K. Jain, New spectrophotometric method for determination of isoxsuprine hydrochloride in tablets, Analytical chemistry, An Indian journal,6(2); 2007: 82-85.
3. Kanakapura Basavaiah, Kalsang Tharpa, Kanakapura Basavaiah Vinay, Simple Spectrophotometric Determination of Isoxsuprine Hydrochloridein Spiked Human Urine and in Tablets Using Folin-Ciocalteu’s Reagent Proc Indian Natn Sci Acad 76(3); 2010:149-156.
4. Rajeswari, C.V.; Naidu, D.V.; Naidu, N.V.S.; Naidu, P.R., A simple spectrophotometric method for determination of isoxsuprine hydrochloride in pharmaceuticals, Talanta 35(3); 1988: 237-238.
5. Kanakapura Basavaiah, Kalsang Tharpa, and Kanakapura Basavaiah Vinay, Spectrophotometric Determination of Isoxsuprine Hydrochlorideas Base Form in Pharmaceutical Formulation through Charge Transfer Complexation, Croatica chemica acta, 83 (4);2010: 415–420.
6. Sekar A. M., Jerad Suresh A, Niraimathi.V, Spectrophotometric Methods for the Estimation of Isoxsuprine Hydrochloride in Bulk and Oral Dosage Form, IOSR Journal of Pharmacy and Biological Sciences, 4(1);2012: 09-12.
7. J.M. Bosken, A.F. Et A, A GC-MS method for determination of isoxsuprine hydrochloride in biological fluids of the horse utilizing Electron impact ionization, Journal of analytical toxicology,28 ;2004: 27-34.
8. Vikrant Suryavanshi, Deeliprao Derle, Development and evaluation of elementary osmotic pump of isoxsuprine hydrochloride, World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research, 5(5); 2016:1285-1297.
9. Attia, Khalid A.M.; El-Abassawi, Nasr M.A.; Said, Ragab A.M.; El-Olemy, Ahmed; Ramzy, Sherif, Spectra-Processing and Ratio Spectra-Manipulating Methods Applied for the Determination of Isoxsuprine Hydrochloride in the Presence of Its Oxidative Degradation Product, Journal of AOAC International,100( 6); 2017: 1739-1746.
10. Kalsang Tharpa, Kanakapura Basavaiah, Kanakapura Basavaiah Vinay, Non-aqueous and two-phase titrimetric assay of isoxsuprine hydrochloride in pharmaceuticals, Journal of analytical chemistry, 67(4)2012: 335–339.
11. Rele Rajan V. Tiwatane Prathamesh P. A Validated Simple Titrimetric Method for the Quantitative determination of Isoxsuprine hydrochloride from Pharmaceutical dosages, Asian J. Research Chem. 13(3); 2020:187-190.
12. Rele Rajan V. Tiwatane Prathamesh P. A Non-aqueous Potentiometric Titration Method for Validation of Imatinib mesylate from Pharmaceutical Dosages. Asian J. Research Chem. 12(6); 2019:307-310.