M.L.N. Acharyulu, P.V.S.R. Mohana Rao, P. Jaya Ranga Rao
M.L.N. Acharyulu1*, P.V.S.R. Mohana Rao2, P. Jaya Ranga Rao3
1Associate Professor, Centurion University of Technology and Management, Andhra Pradesh - 530017, India.
2Research Scholar, Department of Engineering Chemistry, A.U. College of Engineering (A), Visakhapatnam.
3Assistant Professor, Department of Chemistry, Basic Sciences and Humanities, Baba Institute of Technology and Science, Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh- 530017, India.
Volume - 13,
Issue - 6,
Year - 2020
Two simple and sensitive extractive visible spectrophotometric methods (A and B) for the assay of Darunavir (DNV)and Methoxamine hydrochloride (MHC), in pure and pharmaceutical formulations based on under acidic conditions the primary amine group in DNV and MHC forming coloured condensation product with aromatic aldehyde Isatin forms the basis for Method-A and Method-B. The coloured products exhibit absorption ?max at 412nm and 450nm for methods A and B respectively. Regression analysis of Beer-Lambert plots showed good correlation in the concentration ranges (100-600)µg/ml for method A, (50-300)µg/ml for method B and correlation co-efficients are 0.994(A), 0.9967(B) respectively. The Sandell’s sensitivities are2.0044x 104, 1.8991 x 104 (1 mole cm-1) and molar absorptivity values are 2.7322x 10-2, 1.3043 x 10-2(µgcm¬-2). The proposed methods are applied to commercial available formulations and the results are statistically compared with those obtained by the UV reference method and validated by recovery studies. The results are found satisfactory and reproducible. These methods are applied successfully for the estimation of theDarunavir and Methoxamine hydrochloride in the presence of other ingredients that are usually present in formulations. These methods offer the advantages of rapidity, simplicity and sensitivity and low cost without the need for expensive instrumentation and reagents.
Cite this article:
M.L.N. Acharyulu, P.V.S.R. Mohana Rao, P. Jaya Ranga Rao. Analytical Applications of Isatin in the Determination of Darunavir and Methoxamine Hydrochloride. Asian J. Research Chem. 2020; 13(6):409-414. doi: 10.5958/0974-4150.2020.00074.7
M.L.N. Acharyulu, P.V.S.R. Mohana Rao, P. Jaya Ranga Rao. Analytical Applications of Isatin in the Determination of Darunavir and Methoxamine Hydrochloride. Asian J. Research Chem. 2020; 13(6):409-414. doi: 10.5958/0974-4150.2020.00074.7 Available on: https://ajrconline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2020-13-6-1
1. Ghosh AK, Dawson ZL, Mitsuya H "Darunavir, “A conceptually new HIV-1protease inhibitor for the treatment of drug-resistant HIV". Bioorg. Med. Chem; 2007, 15(24), 7576–80.
2. S. Meyer, H. Azojin, D. Surleraux, TMC 114, a novel human immunodeficiency virus type 1 protease inhibitor-resistance viruses, including a board range of clinical isolates. Antimicrob Agents Chemother, 49 (2005), 2314-2321.
3. N. King, M. Jeyabaran, E. Naliyaika, P. Wifgerinck, M. Bethune, C. Schiffer, Sturctural and Thermodynamics Basis for the Binding of TMC 114, a Next-Generation Human Immunodeficiency Virus Type 1 Protease Inhibitor. J. Virol, 78(2004), 12012-12021.
4. Clotet, N. Bellos, J.M. Molina, D. Cooper, J.C. Goffard, A. Lazzarin, A. Wohtmann, C. Katlama, T. Wilkin. Efficacy and safety of darunavir-ritonavir at week 48 in treatment-experienced patients with HIV-1 infection in POWER 1 and 2: a pooled subgroup analysis of data from two randomised trials Lancet, 2007, 369, 1169-1178.
5. "Instrumental Methods of Analysis" by Galen W. Ewing, Mc Graw Hill International Edition, 48, 378.
6. Amit Patel, Ami Patel and Ashlesha Makwana. An ESI-LC-MS/MS method for simultaneous Estimation of Darunavir and Ritonavir in human plasma. International Journal of Research in Pharmaceutical and Biomedical science. 2013, 4(4)1138-47.
7. Nageshwar Rao, Ram chandra, Santosh kumar. RP-HPLC speration and characterization of unknown impurties of a novel HIV-1 protease inhibitor Darunavir by ESI-MS and 2D NMR spectroscopy. J Pharm Biomed Anal 2013; 75: 186-191.
8. Avolio, M. Siccardi, M. Sciandra, L. Baietto. HPLC-MS method for the simultaneous quantification of the new HIV protease inhibitor darunavir and other anti-retroviral agents in plasma of HIV-infected patients. J Chromatogr B. 859 (2007) 234-240.
9. Hari Babu k, Sisla Ramakrishna, Kiran kumar, Ramesh, Sita Devi. HPTLC method for determination of Darunavir in rat plasma and its application to pharmaceutics studies. J liq Chromatogra Releated Technol 2013; 36:169-179.
10. Ana Carolina Kongana, Herida Regina. Development and validation of infra-red spectroscopy method for determination of Darunavir in tablet. Phy Chem 2013; 3, 1-6.
11. Gholve Sachin B, Asware Baburao S., Kadam Shrihari C., Bhusnure Omprakash G. and Thonte Sanjay S, Development and validation of a simple UV spectrophotometric method for the determination of Darunavir ethanolate both in bulk and marketed dosage formulations. World Journal of pharmaceutical research. 2015, 4(3), 1276-83.
12. S. Leonard, A. Schepdael, T. Lvanyi, I. Lazar, J. Rosier, M. Vanstockem. Development of a capillary electrophoretic method for the separation of diasteroisomers of a new human immunodeficiency virus protease inhibitor. Electrophoresis. 2005, 26; 627
13. Ulu, Sevgi Tatar. Determination of Methoxaminein human plasma and urine by a validated HPLC-Fluorescence detection method. J of AOAC Int. 2013, 5(96), 987-990
14. Al-mesdhal A, El-domiaty M.M, Al-obaid. HPLC analysis of methoxamine in rabbit plasma and pharmaceutical formulations. J of liq. Chrom. 1989, 12(9), 1589-1600.
15. Abdulrahman A. Alwarthan, Abdulrahman M. Al-Obaid. Spectrophotometric determination of methoxamineusing cerium (IV) in presence of sodium lauryl sulphate and rhodamine-B. J of Pharm & Biom. Anal. 1997, 15(7), 911-916.
16. Ekram M. Hassan, Heba Abdine, Abdul-Rahman M.A. Ai-Obaid. Spectrophotometric and flurometric methods for the determination of methoxamine Hcl in bulk drugs and in Ampoules. Spectroscopy letters. 2000, 33(1), 9-21.
17. Han Liu, Fang Feng, Ming Ma, Shuangiin Cui, Darong Xie, Sizhi Xu. Pharmacokinetic study of three cardiovascular drugs by high performance liquid chromatography using pre-column derivatization with 9, 10-anthraquinone-2-sulfonyl chloride. J Chromatogr B. 2007, 858(1), 42-48.
18. Tomos G.V., Belmore.K.A., Cava. M.P., J.Am. Chem.Soc, 1993, 115, 12.
19. Trigoso.C.I., Ibebez.N., Stockert, J.C.J. Histochem. Cytochem, 1993, 41, 1157.
20. Datta.S., Datta.S.C., Spray reagents for the detection of p-phenylazophenylthiohydantoins of amino acids on silica gel plates, J.Chromatogr.1979, 170, 228.
21. Sybulski.S., Maughan.G.B., Cortisol levels in umbilical cord plasma in relation to labor and delivery. Am J Obstet Gynecol 1976;236–238, Am.J.best.gynecol.1975, 121, 32.
22. Kachel.C.D., Mendelsohn.F.A., J. Seroidbiochem, 1979, 5, 563.
23. Pesez.M., Petit, A., Bull. Soc. Chem. Fr., 1947, 122.
24. Fouad N. Boctor, An improved method for colorimetric determination of proline with isatin, Analytical Biochemistry, Volume 43, Issue 1, 1971, 66-70
25. Zeida.Alothman, Masoomraza Siddiqui, Saikhmohammadwabaidur, Hamada. Al-lohedan, Mohd. Sajidaliand M.Z.A. Rafiquee, Kinetic Spectrophotometric Methods for the Determination of IsaTin, Asian Journal of Chemistry; 2013, 25(8), 4563-4568
26. Ken-ichi Mawatari, Makiko Segawa, Rumiko Masatsuka, Yasuko Hanawa, Fumio Iinuma, Mitsuo Watanabe, Fluorimetric determination of isatin in human urine and serum by liquid chromatography postcolumn photo irradiation, Analyst, 2001, 126, 33-36
27. Fouad N. Boctor, An improved method for colorimetric determination of proline with isatin, Analytical Biochemistry, 1971, 43(1), 66-70
28. Markus Rienth, Charles Romieu, Rebecca Gregan, Caroline Walsh, Laurent Torregrosa, Mary T. Kelly, Validation and Application of an Improved Method for the Rapid Determination of Proline in Grape Berries, J. Agric. Food Chem, 2014, 62(15), 3384–3389
29. Nur Nadia Dzulkifli, Yang Farina, Bohari M Yamin, Malaysian Journal of Analytical Sciences, Synthesis, structural, and chemical properties of Nd(III) Isatin 2-Methyl-3-Thiosemicarbazone, 2015, 19(5), 935 -941
30. Muhammad Aqeel Ashraf, Abdul Wajid, Karamat Mahmood, Mohd.Jamil Maah and Ismail Yusoff, Spectral Investigation of the Activities of Amino Substituted Bases, Oriental Journal of Chemistry, 2011, 2(2), 363-372
31. Yogesh Vaishnav, Aloksingh Thakur, Chanchal Deep Kaur, Shekhar Verma, Achal Mishra, Sanmati Kumar Jain, Piyush Ghode. QSAR, Analysis of some N, N-diphenyl urea derivatives as CCR5 Receptor Antagonist. Research J. Pharm. and Tech 2018; 11(9): 3802-3810
32. G. Karthiga Devi, Ar. Alamu. Production of Biopolymer Levan by Bacillus subtilis using Non-Ionic Surfactants. Asian J. Pharm. Tech2013; 3(4), 149-154.
33. S. Khatrivel, R. Raju, B. Seethadevi, A. Suneetha, J. Pavani. Stability Indicating RP-HPLC Method for the Determination of Process Related Impurities in Asian Journal of Pharmacy and Technology; 2014, 4(4), 167-178
34. Amol S. Sherikar. Quantitative Structure Activity Relationship of Some Substituted 2-Aminopyridines and Fused Bicyclic Rings as inhibitors of Nitric Oxide Synthases. Asian J. Research Chem.2011, 4(10), 1625-1629.
35. Rakesh Jasrai, Karan Singh Bhau, Nayana Bhrambhatt. Corrosion Inhibition of Zinc in Hydrochloric Acid by Vanillin, Phenyl Thiourea and N-Allyl Thiourea. Asian J. Research Chem. 2014, 7(12), 1062-1064.
36. Jonardan Koner, Avinash Purandare. Chennai Port: An ISO 14001: 2004 Certified Port. Int. J. Tech.2015, 5(2), 263-268
37. Praful Daharwal, Prashant Awchat. Quality Improvement in Submerged Arc Welding Process Using Taguchi Method and Regression Analysis. Int. J. Tech. 2018; 8(1): 41-46
38. Manu K S, Harshita Agarwal. Dynamic Relationship between Crude Oil, Gold and Exchange Rates: The Case of India. Asian Journal of Management. 2018; 9(2):933-938.
39. Namdeo R. Jadhav, Anant R. Paradkar, Gourav N. Shah. Adsorption Studies of Bromhexine Hydrochloride on Talc. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 6(11): November 2013; Page 1247-1250.
40. Naveen Kumar R, Manikandan K, Kathiravan M K. Spectroscopic Estimation of Tramadol using Multilinear Regression Analysis. Research J. Pharm. and Tech 2020; 13(5): 2282-2286.