Anupam Srivastava, A K Meena, Kiran Srivastava, Varun Gupta, Kamini Kaushal
Email ID Not Available
Dr Anupam Srivastava1, Dr A K Meena2, Dr. Kiran Srivastava3, Dr Varun Gupta4, Kamini Kaushal5
1Director, Rashtriya Ayurveda Vidyapeeth, Punjabi Bagh, New Delhi – 26.
2Assistant Director (Chemistry) CCRAS.
3MD Dravyaguna, New Delhi.
4Project Manager, Rashtriya Ayurveda Vidyapeeth, Punjabi Bagh, New Delhi-26.
5Rashtriya Ayurveda Vidyapeeth, Punjabi Bagh, New Delhi-26.
Volume - 13,
Issue - 6,
Year - 2020
The COVID-19 pandemic has not only shown considerable global health calamity but also impacted badly on the economy of the century. It has emerges as a one of the greatest disturbance since the 2nd World War. Till now the exact and complete management of the problem is farfetched affair. The coronavirus outbreak is severely disrupting the global economy. The measures such as isolation, lockdown and various restrictions adopted by National Government had also contributed to turmoil effect on country’s economy. An attempts has been made to review the overall impact of COVID 19 on India’s socio-economic status where sectors like agriculture, education, health, transportation etc are affected crucially.
Cite this article:
Anupam Srivastava, A K Meena, Kiran Srivastava, Varun Gupta, Kamini Kaushal. Socio Economic Impact of COVID- A Review. Asian J. Research Chem. 2020; 13(6):497-501. doi: 10.5958/0974-4150.2020.00088.7
Anupam Srivastava, A K Meena, Kiran Srivastava, Varun Gupta, Kamini Kaushal. Socio Economic Impact of COVID- A Review. Asian J. Research Chem. 2020; 13(6):497-501. doi: 10.5958/0974-4150.2020.00088.7 Available on: https://ajrconline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2020-13-6-15
1. Lu H, Stratton CW, Tang YW. Outbreak of pneumonia of unknown etiology in Wuhan China: the mystery and the miracle. J Med Virol. 2020 Apr; 92(4):401-402. doi: 10.1002/jmv.25678. Epub 2020 Feb 12.
2. Biscayart C, Angeleri P, Lloveras S, Chaves TD, Schlagenhauf P, Rodríguez-Morales AJ. The next big threat to global health? 2019 novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV): What advice can we give to travellers?-Interim recommendations January 2020, from the Latin-American society for Travel Medicine (SLAMVI). Travel Med Infectious Dis. 2020; 33:101567.
3. Munster VJ, Koopmans M, van Doremalen N, van Riel D, de Wit E. A novel coronavirus emerging in China—key questions for impact assessment. N Engl J Med. 2020; 382:692–4.
4. Zhao S, Lin Q, Ran J, Musa SS, Yang G, Wang W, Lou Y, Gao D, Yang L, He D, Wang MH. Preliminary estimation of the basic reproduction number of novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) in China, from 2019 to 2020: a data-driven analysis in the early phase of the outbreak. Int J Infect Dis. 2020; 92:214–7.
5. Yoo JH. The fight against the 2019-nCoV outbreak: an arduous march has just begun. J Korean Med Sci. 2019.
6. Paules CI, Marston HD, Fauci AS. Coronavirus infections – more than just a common cold. JAMA. 2020; 323(8):707-708. doi:10.1001/jama.2020.0757
7. World Health Organization. QandA on coronaviruses (COVID-19) Accessed on April 17, 2020. Available at: https://www.who.int/news-room/q-a-detail/q-a-coronaviruses.
8. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Coronaviruse Disease (COVID-19) – Symptoms of coronavirus. 2020. Available at: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/symptoms.html (accessed January 2020)
9. Bai Y, Yao L, Wei T. Presumed Asymptomatic Carrier Transmission of COVID-19. JAMA 2020; 323(14):1406-1407. doi: 10.1001/jama.2020.2565
10. Mohammad A, El Erian, The coming coronavirus recession and the unchartered teritroy beyond. Foreign Affairs. Accessed on March 17, 2020.: https://www.foreignaffairs.com/articles/2020-03-17/coming-coronavirus-recession
11. The Economic Time. Trade impact of Coronavirus epidemic for India estimated at 348 million dollars: UN report. Accessed on March 5, 2020. Available at https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/economy/foreign-trade/trade-impact-of-coronavirus-epidemic-for-india-estimated-at-348-million-dollars-un-report/articleshow/74487020.cms
12. Mishra AR, Coronavirus outbreak may cost Indian economy $29.9 billion: ADB. Accessed on March 5, 2020. Available at https://www.livemint.com/news/india/coronavirus-outbreak-in-india-could-cost-the-economy-29-9-billion-adb-11583480504316.html
13. The Tribune. Trade impact of coronavirus epidemic for india estimated at 348 million dollars-UN report. Accessed on March 5, 2020. Available at https://www.tribuneindia.com/news/reviews/story/ trade-impact-of-coronavirus-epidemic-for-india-estimated-at-348-million-dollars-un-report-51315
14. Karsekar D, Wadhwane GT, impact of COVID 19 on Education system in India. Accessed on 16 May, 2020, Available at https://www.latestlaws.com/articles/impact-of-covid-19-on-education-system-in-india/
15. Coronavirus: domestic abuse calls up 25% since lockdown, charity says. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52157620 BBC News
16. Radhakrishnan V, Sen S, Singaravelu N, Data-Domestic violence complaints at a 10 year high during COVID 19 Lockdown, The Hindu, June 24, 2020. Available at https://www.thehindu.com/data/data-domestic-violence-complaints-at-a-10-year-high-during-covid-19-lockdown/article31885001.ece
17. Times of India, Accessed on May 18, 2020. Available at https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/life-style/relationships/love-sex/domestic-violence-cases-in-india-on-the-rise-during-lockdown-says-report/articleshow/75801752.cms
18. Howley D, The world is turning to video games amid coronavirus outbreak. Yahoo Finance. Accessed on March 18, 2020. Available at: https://finance.yahoo.com/news/coronavirus-world-turning-to-video-games-150704969. html? guccounter
19. Kent E. Eurogamer; 2020. Coronavirus Outbreak Forces Cancellation of Multiple Esports Events. https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-01-30-coronavirus-outbreak-forces-cancellation-of-multiple-esports-events
20. World Health Organization. International Travel and Health - SARS (Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome) Accessed on January 2020. Available at: https://www.who.int/ith/diseases/sars/en/
21. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS)-SARS basic fact sheet. Last reviewed December 6, 2017. Available at: https://www.cdc.gov/sars/about/fs-sars.html
22. Sandhu, M. Coronavirus: the moment for helicopter money. Financial Times. Accessed on 27 March 2020, Available at: https://www.ft.com/content/abd6bbd0-6a9f-11ea-800d-da70cff6e4d3
23. Leigh, G. The Number Of Daily Flights Is Now Dropping Drastically: The Latest In Aviation. Forbes. Accessed 31 March 2020, from https://www.forbes.com/sites/gabrielleigh/2020/03/30/the-number-of-daily-flights-is-now-dropping-drastically-the-latest-in-aviation/#701c2b9943d4
24. Letzing, J. How many policy tools are left to soften the impact of COVID-19?. World Economic Forum. Updated on 2020, March 18, available at: https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020/03/covid-19-coronavirus-policy-tools-economic-impact/
25. Market Watch. Coronavirus sends food prices soaring in China. Market Watch. Accessed on 22 March 2020, Available at: https://www.marketwatch.com/story/coronavirus-sends-food-prices-soaring-in-china-2020-03-10
26. Paris, C. Coronavirus Rattles Shipping Industry as Supply Shock Moves to Demand Decline. Wall Street Journal. Accessed on 1 April 2020, Available at: https://www.wsj.com/articles/coronavirus-rattles-shipping-industry-as-supply-shock-moves-to-demand-decline-11585249552.