Thasneem Banu, Hemant T Kumar, Varaprasad K Rao, Srinivas Y Rao
Thasneem Banu, Hemant T Kumar*, Varaprasad K Rao, Srinivas Y Rao
Vignan Institute of Pharmaceutical Technology, Duvvada, Vishakapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, India.
Volume - 14,
Issue - 2,
Year - 2021
A simple, specific, sensitive and accurate spectrophotometric method was developed for the determination of Sacubitril and Valsartan in combined dosage form by UV spectrophotometry using simultaneous equation method. Sacubitril and Valsartan showed the absorption maxima at 230 nm and 290 nm respectively in methanol. The linearity for a sacubitril was in the range of 2 – 20 µg/ml with correlation coefficient 0.999 and for valsartan in the range of 2- 50 µg/ml with correlation coefficient 0.999. The method was validated in terms of linearity, precision, accuracy, LOD and LOQ. The method is simple, convenient and suitable for the simultaneous estimation of Sacubitril and Valsartan in combined dosage form.
Cite this article:
Thasneem Banu, Hemant T Kumar, Varaprasad K Rao, Srinivas Y Rao. Application of Simultaneous Equation method for estimation of Sacubitril and Valsartan in Combined Dosage Form. Asian J. Research Chem. 2021; 14(2):111-114. doi: 10.5958/0974-4150.2021.00020.1
Thasneem Banu, Hemant T Kumar, Varaprasad K Rao, Srinivas Y Rao. Application of Simultaneous Equation method for estimation of Sacubitril and Valsartan in Combined Dosage Form. Asian J. Research Chem. 2021; 14(2):111-114. doi: 10.5958/0974-4150.2021.00020.1 Available on: https://ajrconline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2021-14-2-3
1. Budavari S. The Merck Index. 14th ed. Whitehouse Station. NJ Merck and Co. Press, 2006.
2. Neil MJ, Smith A, Heckelman PE, Kinneary JF. The Merck Index: An Encyclopedia of Chemicals. Edition. 14. Drugs and Biologicals, 2006; 1767.
3. Criscione L, Bradley W, Buhlmayer P, Whitebread S, Glazer R, Lloyd P, Mueller P. Clinical advantage of valsartan. Drug Review, 1995; 13: 230-50.
4. Thurmann PA. Valsartan: a Novel Angiotensin type 1 Receptor Antagonist. Expert Opinion on Pharmacotherapy, 2000; 1: 337–350.
5. Kena HP, Shailesh VL, Sachin BN. Simultaneous estimation of sacubitril and valsartan in synthetic mixture by RP-HPLC method. Journal of Pharmaceutical Scince Bioscientific Research., 2016; 6(3): 262-269.
6. Madana GN, Sridhar C. RP-UPLC method for simultaneous estimation of sacubitril and valsartan in its bulk and tablet dosage form with force degradation studies. International Journal of ChemTech Research, 2017; 10 (4): 279-287.
7. Muqhtar A, Shetty AS, Manzoor A, Vijaya Krishna CA, Anil Kumar SM and Siddalinga Swamy M S. Stability indicating RP-HPLC method for simultaneous estimation of sacubitril and valsartan in bulk and combined pharmaceutical dosage form. World Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2017; 6 (4): 1714-1728.
8. Naazneen S, Sridevi A. Development of assay method and forced degradation study of valsartan and sacubitril by RP-HPLC in tablet formulation. International Journal of Applied Pharmaceutics, 2017; 9 (1): 9-15.
9. Raja Haranadha BC, Gowri SD. Development and validation of a reliable and rapid LC-MS/MS method for simultaneous quantification of sacubitril and valsartan in rat plasma and its application to a pharmacokinetic study. Biomedical Chromatography, 2016; 30: 1467–1475.
10. Swathi V, Parthiban P. New method development and validation for the simultaneous estimation of sacubitril and valsartan in a bulk and pharmaceutical dosage forms. International Journal of Research, 2017; 4 (1): 17-24.
11. Uppalapati. Jyothi, Parimi.Umadevi. Stability Indicating RP-HPLC Method for the Simultaneous Estimation of Sacubitril and Valsartan in Drug Product. Journal of. Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research, 2018, 10(9): 2201-2204.
12. Abou Al Alamein AM. Validated Eco-Friendly Chromatographic Methods for Simultaneous Determination of Sacubitril and Valsartan in Spiked Human Plasma and in Pharmaceutical For-mulation. Journal of Applied Pharmaceutical Sciinces, 2018; 8(02): 011-017.
13. Muqhtar Ahmed, A Satishkumar Shetty, Manzoor Ahmed, Vijaya Krishna. C. Aradhya. Development and Validation of UV Spectrophotometric Methods for the Simultaneous Estimation of Sacubitril and Valsartan in Bulk and Pharmaceutical Formulations. International Journal of Universal Pharmacy and Bio Sciences 6(2), 2017: 104-110.