Priyanka Ghanghas, Anita Choudhary, Kavita Poonia
email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com
Priyanka Ghanghas, Anita Choudhary, Kavita Poonia
Department of Chemistry, Banasthali Vidyapith, Tonk- Newai Rajasthan-304022.
Volume - 15,
Issue - 1,
Year - 2022
The titanium(IV) and Zirconium(IV) complexes derived from Schiff base [(Z)-2-(1-(4-((4-methyl-3H-benzo[b][1,4]diazepin-2-yl)oxy)phenyl)ethylidene)hydrazine-1-carboxamide] are reported and characterized based on (Infra-red) IR spectra, 1H NMR spectra, mass spectra. Complexes were found to possess 1:2 (metal:ligand) stoichiometry. The prepared ligands were act as bidentate ligands. The synthesized ligand, in comparison to their titanium(IV) and zirconium(IV) complexes, were screened for antimicrobial activity.
Cite this article:
Priyanka Ghanghas, Anita Choudhary, Kavita Poonia. Novel synthesis, characterization and antimicrobial activities of coordination compounds of Titanium and Zirconium with Schiff base. Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry. 2022; 15(1):86-0. doi: 10.52711/0974-4150.2022.00014
Priyanka Ghanghas, Anita Choudhary, Kavita Poonia. Novel synthesis, characterization and antimicrobial activities of coordination compounds of Titanium and Zirconium with Schiff base. Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry. 2022; 15(1):86-0. doi: 10.52711/0974-4150.2022.00014 Available on: https://ajrconline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2022-15-1-14
1. Lawrence JF, Frei RW. Chemical Derivatization in Chromatography. Elsevier. Amsterdam. 1976.
2. Khatua SK, Nayak SC, Das PK, Guin RR. Design, Synthesis and Physico-Chemical Investigation of the Iron (II) Complexes Containing Heterocyclic Nitrogen Donor Ligands. Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry. 2012; 5: 529-531.
3. Kesrale SB, Habib SI, Kulkarni P. A Synthesis and Spectral Study of Dicarboxylate of Cu (II) and Mn (II) metals with Heterocyclic Nitrogen Bases as Adducts. Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry. 2013; 6 459-460.
4. Mehtab S, Parmar H, Siddiqi TI, Roy AS. Determination of Protein Binding Affinities and Investigation into the Antimicrobial Activities of Cu (II), Co (II) and Ni (II) Mixed Ligand Complexes. Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry. 2015; 8: 9-107.
5. Kar M, Guin RR, Nayak SC. Synthesis and Structural Studies of Some New Cobalt (II) Complexes with Chloride and Heterocyclic Nirogen Donor ligands. Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry. Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry. 2015; 8: 262-266.
6. Dhanaraju MD, Gopi C, Sastry VG. Synthesis and Biological Evaluation of Some 4-(5 ((1h-Benzo [D][1, 2, 3] Triazol-1-Yl) Methyl)-1, 3, 4-Oxadiazol-2yl)-NBenzylidenebenamine Derivative as a Anti-Microbial and Anti-Convulsant Agents. Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry. Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry. 2015; 8: 459-464.
7. Manoranjan k, Guin RR, Nayak SC. Synthesis and Physico Chemical Studies of Some Cobalt (II) Complexes with Bromide and Biologically Active Ligands. Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry. 2019; 12: 84-88.
8. Eberendu KO, Otuokere IE. Complexation Behavior of 1-Phenyl-2,3-dimethyl-4-(benzylamino) pyrazol-5-one Schiff Base Ligand with Manganese ion. Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry. 2016; 8: 199-203.
9. Borase JN, Mahale R, Rajput SS, Dhanraj SS. Design, synthesis and biological evaluation of heterocyclic methyl substituted pyridine Schiff base transition metal complexes. SN Applied Sciences. 2021; 3: 1-13.
10. More MS, Joshi PG, Mishra YK, Khanna PK. Metal complexes driven from Schiff bases and semicarbazones for biomedical and allied applications: a review. Materials Today Chemistry. 2019; 14: 1-22.
11. Cepeda V, Fuertes MA, Castilla J, Alonso C, Quevedo C, Perez JM. Biological mechanisms of cisplatin cytotoxity. Anti-Cancer Agents Medicinal Chemistry.2007; 7: 3-18.
12. Reedijk. Why Does Cisplatin Reach Guanine-N7 with Competing S-Donor Ligands Available in the Cell? Journal of Chemical Reviews. 1999; 99: 2499-2510.
13. Kamalakannan P, Venkappayya D. Journal of Inorganic Biochemistry. “Synthesis and characterization of cobalt and nickel chelates of 5-dimethylaminomethyl-2-thiouracil and their evaluation as antimicrobial and anticancer agents 2002; 90: 22-37.
14. Islam MS, Farooque MA, Bodruddoza MAK, Mosaddik MA, Alam MS. Antimicrobial and toxicological studies of mixed ligand transition metal complexes of Schiff bases. Online Journal of Biological Science. 200; 2: 797-799.
15. Marzano C, Pellei M, Colavito D, Alidori S, Lobbia GG, Gandin V, Tisato F, Santini C. Synthesis, Characterization, and in Vitro Antitumor Properties of Tris(hydroxymethyl)phosphine Copper(I) Complexes Containing the New Bis(1,2,4-triazol-1-yl)acetate Ligand. Journal of Medicinal Chemistry.2006; 49: 7317-7324.
16. Immel TA, Groth U, Huhn T, Ohlschlager P. Titanium Salan Complexes Displays Strong Antitumor Properties In Vitro and In Vivo in Mice. PLOS ONE. 2011; 6: 1-7.
17. Zenkhri L, Abdelfatta, A, Boudjema S, Boutarfaia A, Idir MB, Djenati M. Synthesis, Spectroscopic Studies and Crystal Structure of Ni (II) Squarate Complex with 4, 4 Bipyridine. Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry. 2020; 13: 33-37.
18. Siham S, Zenkhri L, Loubna BA, Benouna K, Boutarfaia, A. Synthesis, Crystal Structure, Spectral and Theoretical Studies of an New Organic-Inorganic Hybrid iron (II) Complex of Squarate Fe (C2O4). 2H2O. Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry. 2019; 12: 203-207.
19. Motegaonkar MB, Salunke SD. Synthesis and estimations of antimicrobial properties of novel pyrazoline derivatives. International Journal of Heterocyclic Chemistry. 2017; 7: 26-35.
20. Melendez E. Critical Reviews in Oncology/Hematology. Titanium complexes in cancer treatment. 2002; 42: 309-315.
21. Ellahioui Y, Prashar S, Gómez-Ruiz. S. Anticancer Applications and Recent Investigations of Metallodrugs Based on Gallium, Tin and Titanium. Inorganics. 2017; 5: 4 1-23.
22. Fairlie DP, Whitehouse MW, Broomhead JA. Irritancy and anti-inflammatory activity of bis(η5-cyclopentadienyl) titanium (IV) complexes in rats. Chemico-Biological Interactions. 1987; 61: 277-291.
23. Tshuva EY, Peri D. Modern cytotoxic titanium(IV) complexes; insight on the enigmatic involvement of hydrolysis. Coordination chemistry reviews. 2009; 253: 2098-2115.
24. Agwara MO, Ndifon PT, Ndosiri NB, Paboudam AG, Yufanyi DM, Mohamadou AB. Synthesis, characterisation and antimicrobial activities of cobalt(II), copper(II) and zinc(II) mixed-ligand complexes containing 1,10-phenanthroline and 2,2’-bipyridine. Chemical Society of Ethiopia. 2010; 24: 383-389.
25. Casini A, Diawara MC, Scopelliti R, Zakeeruddin SM, Gratzel M, Dyson PJ. Synthesis, characterisation and biological properties of gold(III) compounds with modified bipyridine and bipyridylamine ligands. Dalton Transactions. 2010; 39: 2239-2245.
26. Breijyeh Z, Jubeh B, Karaman R. Resistance of gram-negative bacteria to current antibacterial agents and approaches to
1. to resolve it. Molecules. 2020; 6: 16-25.
27. Mishra N, Poonia K, Soni SK, Kumar, D. Synthesis, characterization and antimicrobial activity of Schiff base Ce (III) complexes. Polyhedron. 120: 60-68.
28. Halder S, Peng SM, Lee GH, Chatterjee T, Mukherjee A, Dutta S, Sanyal U, Bhattacharya S. Synthesis, structure, spectroscopic properties and cytotoxic effect of some thiosemicarbazone complexes of palladium New journal of chemistry. 2008; 32: 105-114.
29. Kovala-Demertzi D, Dermertzis M A, Miller J R, Papadopoulou C, Dodorou C, Filousis GJ. Platinum(II) complexes with 2-acetyl pyridine thiosemicarbazone: synthesis, crystal structure, spectral properties, antimicrobial and antitumour activity Inorganic Biochemistry. 2001; 86: 555-563.
30. Dharmaraj N, Viswanathamurthi P, Natarajan K. Ruthenium(II) complexes containing bidentate Schiff bases and their antifungal activity. Transition metal chemistry. 2001; 26: 105-109.
31. Yadav M, Mishra N, Sharma N, Chandra S, Kumar D. Microwave assisted synthesis, characterization and biocidal activities of some new chelates of carbazole derived Schiff bases of cadmium and tin metals. Spectrochimica Acta Part A: Molecular and Biomolecular Spectroscopy. 132: 733-742.
32. Mishra N, Poonia K, Sharma N, Soni SK, Kumar D. Synthesis and characterization of thorium (IV) complexes of 2-aminothiazole and their evaluation as effective antimicrobial and antioxidant agents. Polyhedron. 2016; 120: 196-204.