Kuldeep B. Handage, Snehal S. Jadhav, Vikram R. Jadhav
Kuldeep B. Handage, Snehal S. Jadhav, Vikram R. Jadhav*
Department of Chemistry, K. K. Wagh Art’s, Commerce and Science College Pimpalgaon (B), 422209,
Tal Niphad, Nashik, Maharashtra (India).
Volume - 16,
Issue - 4,
Year - 2023
In this work, we leveraged the unique characteristics of the Huckel strategy to obtain significant insights into the Benzene system. In addition to expressing the delocalization energy of the conjugated Benzene ring framework, we used a theoretical method to construct secular equations, energy, wave functions, electron density, and charge density for the C6H6+ (cation), C6H6- (anion), and C6H6. (radical). To determine the orbital energies, electron and charge density, and charge density of this stable configuration, we provided the secular determinant of the Huckel approach and applied it to the Benzene system. Our method makes it simple for graduate and post-graduate students to comprehend the complexities of stable configuration analysis and its related parameters since it is based on the assumptions of local comparabilities, such as coulomb integrals, exchange integrals, and overlap integrals. The Benzene system may be studied, and its underlying electrical characteristics can be understood using our straightforward, hypothetical approach.
Cite this article:
Kuldeep B. Handage, Snehal S. Jadhav, Vikram R. Jadhav. Benzene System: A Theoretical Exploration of its Secular Determinant, π-Energy, Delocalization Energy, Wave Functions, Electron Density, and Charge Density. Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry 2023; 16(4):265-0. doi: 10.52711/0974-4150.2023.00044
Kuldeep B. Handage, Snehal S. Jadhav, Vikram R. Jadhav. Benzene System: A Theoretical Exploration of its Secular Determinant, π-Energy, Delocalization Energy, Wave Functions, Electron Density, and Charge Density. Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry 2023; 16(4):265-0. doi: 10.52711/0974-4150.2023.00044 Available on: https://ajrconline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2023-16-4-3
1. Yamago, S., Kayahara, E., and Iwamoto, T. (2014). Organoplatinum‐Mediated Synthesis of Cyclic π‐Conjugated Molecules: Towards a New Era of Three‐Dimensional Aromatic Compounds. The Chemical Record, 14(1), 84-100.
2. Wang, C. L., Chang, Y. C., Lan, C. M., Lo, C. F., Diau, E. W. G., and Lin, C. Y. (2011). Enhanced light harvesting with π-conjugated cyclic aromatic hydrocarbons for porphyrin-sensitized solar cells. Energy and Environmental Science, 4(5), 1788-1795.
3. Fernandez, I., and Frenking, G. (2007). Direct estimate of conjugation and aromaticity in cyclic compounds with the EDA method. Faraday Discussions, 135, 403-421.
4. Yates, K. (2012). Huckel molecular orbital theory. Elsevier.
5. I'Haya, Y. (1964). Recent Developments in the Generalized Huckel Method. Advances in quantum chemistry, 1, 203-240.
6. Duke, B. J. (1968). The Iterative Extended Huckel Method (IEHM). Theoretica chimica acta, 9, 260-267.
7. Schomaker, V. T., and Pauling, L. (1939). The electron diffraction investigation of the structure of benzene, pyridine, pyrazine, butadiene-1, 3, cyclopentadiene, furan, pyrrole, and thiophene. Journal of the American Chemical Society, 61(7), 1769-1780.
8. Jadhav, V. R., Madhuri, J., Pooja, W., and Baste, Y. R. (2020). Cyclopentadienyl System: Solving the Secular Determinant, π Energy, Delocalization Energy, Wave Functions, Electron Density and Charge Density. Journal of Chemistry, Environmental Sciences and its Applications, 6(2), 21-26.
9. Jadhav, V. R., Aher, J. S., Bhagare, A. M., Jamdhade, M. S., and Wadhawane, P. B. (2020). Cyclobutadiene System (C4H3+, C4H3-, and C4H3): A Theoretical Study for Solving Secular Determinant, Delocalization Energy, Electron Density, and Charge Density.
10. Jadhav, V. R. (2020). Theoretical Approach to Understanding an Electron Density, Charge Density and Most Stable Configuration of H3 System. International Journal of Research and Review, 7(3).
11. Murrell, J. N., and Teixeira-Dias, J. J. C. (1970). The dependence of exchange energy on orbital overlap. Molecular Physics, 19(4), 521-531.
12. Guseinov, I., Mamedov, B., and Rzaeva, A. (2002). Calculation of molecular integrals over Slater-type orbitals using recurrence relations for overlap integrals and basic one-center Coulomb integrals. Molecular modeling annual, 8, 145-149.
13. Guseinov, I. I. (1978). Analytical evaluation of three‐and four‐center electron‐repulsion integrals for Slater‐type orbitals. The Journal of Chemical Physics, 69(11), 4990-4994.
14. Peels, M., and Knizia, G. (2020). Fast evaluation of two-center integrals over Gaussian charge distributions and Gaussian orbitals with general interaction kernels. Journal of chemical theory and computation, 16(4), 2570-2583.
15. Sun, Q. (2020). Exact exchange matrix of periodic Hartree-Fock theory for all-electron simulations. arXiv preprint arXiv:2012.07929.
16. Holzer, C. (2020). An improved seminumerical Coulomb and exchange algorithm for properties and excited states in modern density functional theory. The Journal of Chemical Physics, 153(18), 184115.
17. Stolarczyk, L. Z., and Krygowski, T. M. (2021). Augmented Huckel molecular orbital model of π‐electron systems: from topology to metric. I. General theory. Journal of Physical Organic Chemistry, 34(3), e4154.
18. Yoshida, R., Lötstedt, E., and Yamanouchi, K. (2022). Quantum computing of Huckel molecular orbitals of π-electron systems. The Journal of Chemical Physics, 156(18), 184117.