Aashutosh A. Dhormare, Pragati G. Kamble, Pooja P. Nagare, Gurappa K. Dyade
Aashutosh A. Dhormare1, Pragati G. Kamble1, Pooja P. Nagare1, Gurappa K. Dyade2
1Dept of Post Graduate in Pharmaceutical Quality Assurance, SVPM’S College of Pharmacy,
Malegaon (BKII) Baramati, Dist Pune, Maharashtra, India.
2Dept of PG in Pharmaceutical Quality Assurance, SVPM’S College of Pharmacy, Malegaon (BKII) Baramati, Dist Pune, Maharashtra, India.
Volume - 16,
Issue - 5,
Year - 2023
The aim of the present research was to increase the solubility of valsartan in water by hydrotropic solubilisation. Hydrotopes are surface active, highly water soluble organic salt, which imparts solubility to insoluble or sparingly soluble organic compounds in water, which is when present at higher concentration. An analytical method was developed for the estimation of valsartan by UV-VIS spectrophotometry. Solvent 1% w/v sodium acetate solution was utilized and 247.2nm was the wavelength for measurement of absorbance. Effect of input variables on spectrum characteristics were studied for selection of critical parameters and developed method was validated as per ICH Q 2 R1 regulatory guidelines. Linearity of the drugs was ascertained over the conc range 4-48mcg/ml (microgram/ml). The accuracy was found within acceptable limit with nominal conc102.68 – 105.10 %; and the precision study was shown acceptable data as %SD varied from 1.88573 to 3.97617. The stability of the method was studied by minor variation in the wavelength, scan speed and acid, alkali and peroxide stress degradation study. The developed method is rigid, robust and efficient for the estimation of VST from the dosage form. The effort was made to develop green or eco-friendly analytical method utilising hydrotropic solvent for water insoluble drug valsartan.
Cite this article:
Aashutosh A. Dhormare, Pragati G. Kamble, Pooja P. Nagare, Gurappa K. Dyade. Green Analytical UV-VIS Spectrophotometric Method Development of Valsartan by using Hydrotropic agent. Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry. 2023; 16(5):313-8. doi: 10.52711/0974-4150.2023.00051
Aashutosh A. Dhormare, Pragati G. Kamble, Pooja P. Nagare, Gurappa K. Dyade. Green Analytical UV-VIS Spectrophotometric Method Development of Valsartan by using Hydrotropic agent. Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry. 2023; 16(5):313-8. doi: 10.52711/0974-4150.2023.00051 Available on: https://ajrconline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2023-16-5-1
1. Sabitha Reddy P, Swetha C, Ravindra Reddy K. Effect of Hydrotropes and Physical Properties on Solubility of Glibenclamide. Research J. Pharma. Dosage Forms and Tech. 2011; 3(6): 294-297.
2. Nilesh S. Kulkarni, Sanghamitra B. Ghule, Shashikant N. Dhole. A Review on Hydrotropic Solubilization for Poorly Water Soluble Drugs: Analytical Application and Formulation Development. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2019; 12(7):3157-3162. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2019; 12(7):3157-3162.
3. Gurumurthy V., Deveswaran R., Bharath S., Basavaraj B.V., Madhavan V. Application of Hydrotropic Solubilisation in Simultaneous Estimation of Atenolol and Amlodipine Besylate. Asian J. Research Chem. 5(1): January 2012; Page 57-60.
4. Ceema Mathew, Sunayana Varma. Green Analytical Methods based on Chemometrics and UV spectroscopy for the simultaneous estimation of Empagliflozin and Linagliptin. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Analysis. 2022; 12(1):43-8.
5. Reem H. Obaydo, Amir Alhaj Sakur. A Green Analytical Method using Algorithm (PCCA) for Extracting Components’ Contribution from Severely Overlapped Spectral Signals in Pharmaceutical Mixtures. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2019; 12(9):4332-4338.
6. Parixit Prajapati, Chandni Chandarana. Fourier Transform Infrared Spectrophotometry: An Eco-friendly green tool for quantification of Omeprazole in Pharmaceutical formulation. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2022; 15(8):3531-4.
7. Haripriya A., Sirisha N., Vishali S., Ramakrishna K., Panikumar A.D.. Validated Eco - Friendly Derivative Spectrophotometric Method for Valsartan and Hydrochlorothiazide Combined Tablet Dosage Form. Asian J. Research Chem. 2012; 5(8): 1074-1077.
8. Remi. S. L, Joyamma Varkey, R. K. Maheshwari, A. Jayakumaran Nair. A Novel Ecofriendly, Cost effective mobile phase for HPLC- Simultaneous estimation and Validation of Paracetamol and Diclofenac sodium in Bulk and Pharmaceutical Formulation by RP-HPLC using Hydrotropic Solution as Mobile phase. Asian J. Pharm. Res. 2020; 10(3):163-170.
9. Yashwant S. Surve, Dharmesh G. Panchal, R.S. Lokhande. A novel methodology for the synthesis of teriflunomide using hydrotropes as a reaction media. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2015; 8(9): 1247-1249.
10. Jonn M. Beale, Jr. John H. Block, Wilson and Gisvold’s Textbook of Organic Medicinal and Pharmaceutical chemistry, 12th edition, Wolters Kluwer (India) Pvt Ltd New Delhi. 2016, pp.614.
11. The Merck Index, An Encyclopaedia of chemicals, drugs and Biological, 15th Edition, the Royal Society of Chemistry Cambridge UK, 2013, pp. 1840.
12. Alison Brayfield, Martindale (The complete drug reference), 39th edition, Pharmaceutical Press London, 2017, A: pp. 1552.
13. British Pharmacopoeia, Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency London, 2019, II: 1231.
14. Indian Pharmacopoeia, Govt of India, ministry of Health and family welfare, 8th edition, The Indian Pharmacopoeia Commission Ghaziabad, 2018, III: pp. 3473.
15. Usharani N., Divya K, Ashrtiha VVS. Development and validation of UV derivative spectroscopic method for the determination of amlodipine besylate and valsartan in tablet dosage form and comparison of the developed methods by student’s t test. Indian Journal of Pharmaceutical Education and Research. 2017; 57(45): 776-82.
16. Varsha R Galande, K G Baheti, S Indraksha, M H Dehghan. Estimation of amlodipine besylate, valsartan and hydrochlorothiazide in bulk mixture and tablet by UV spectrophotometry. Indian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2012; 74(1): 18-23.
17. Saroj Kumar Raul, Gopal Krishna Padhy, Pramudula Ramya Krishna, Boddu Uma MadhuPriya. UV Spectrophotometric Method Development and Validation for the Estimation of Valsartan in Bulk and Pharmaceutical Dosage Form. Asian J. Pharm. Ana. 2016; 6(3):147-150.
18. Grishma S. Trivedi, Hasumati A Raj, Vineet C. Jain. First Derivative Spectroscopic Method for Simultaneous Estimation of Pravstatin and Valsartan in Synthetic Mixture. Asian J. Pharm. Tech. 2015; 5(2): 83-90.
19. Sawant R L, Dyade G K. Validated RP-HPLC method and unique mobile phase for the simultaneous estimation of amlodipine besylate and valsartan from solid dosage form and rosuvastatin and valsartan from bulk. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical and Clinical Research. 2019; 12(4): 156-162.
20. O. S. S. Chandana. Assay Method Development and Validation for Valsartan using high Performance liquid Chromatography. Asian J. Pharm. Ana. 2020; 10(2): 103-108.
21. Shradhanjali M Singh, Kirti S Topagi, Mrinalini C Damle. A Validated RP-HPLC Method for Simultaneous Determination of Ramipril and Valsartan in Pharmaceutical Formulation. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2009; 2(4): 749-752.
22. Gandla. Kumara Swamy, N. Ravindra, S. Sowmya. A New RP-HPLC Method Development and Validation for the Simultaneous Estimation of Amlodipine and Valsartan in Tablet Dosage Forms. Asian J. Pharm. Ana. 2014; 4(3): 103-107.
23. Salwa R El-Shaboury, Samitha A Hussein, Niveen A Mohamed, Mohamed M El-Sutohy. Spectrofluorimetric method for determination of some angiotensin II receptor antagonists. Journal of Pharmaceutical Analysis. 2012; 2(1): 12-18.
24. Shrikant H Patil, Minakshi V Janjale. Novel and validated titrimetric method for determination of selected angiotensin-II-receptor antagonists in pharmaceutical preparations and its comparison with UV spectrophotometric determination. Journal of Pharmaceutical Analysis. 2012; 2(6): 470-477.
25. Dyade G K, Sawant R L, Jadhav R B. Estimation of solid dosage forms of combined antihyperlipidaemic drugs by validated reverse phase liquid chromatographic method. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Science and Research. 2019; 10(12): 5463-5470.
26. Dyade G. K. et.al. A Novel Approach: Effect of polarity Index of mobile phase on Retention Time of Antihyperlipidemic Antihypertensive and Angiotensin inhibiting Drugs in RP-HPLC Method. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2020; 13(7): 3065-3071.
27. ICH Expert working group. ICH Harmonized tripartite Guideline-Pharmaceutical Quality system Q 10. In current step 4Thversion. 2008; p. 1-21.
28. ICH Expert working group. ICH Harmonized tripartite Guideline-Validation of analytical procedures: Text and Methodology Q 2 R1. In current step 4 Version. 2005; p. 1-17.