In this work, the monetary correlation between a weight swing adsorption (PSA) process and a film unit for expulsion of carbon dioxide from a carbon dioxide/methane blend was contemplated. The adsorption procedure for the adsorbent of zeolite 13X and the film unit for layer of 6FDA TAPDO was considered. First, the calculation of TAC for membrane unit with the five prices of membrane including 20$/m2, 50$/m2, 100$/m2, 150$/m2 and 200$/m2 was done and the best pressure for every price of membrane with minimum of TAC was selected. Then, the PSA process was investigated for the adsorbent of Zeolite 13X in the two pressure of 10 bar and 15 bar. All the simulations of PSA (includes 4 beds and 8 steps) were done in the Aspen Adsorption v8.8 and the membrane process was simulated in the Matlab. For pressure of 15 bar and membrane price of 100$/m2, the results showed that the TAC for PSA unit is 12% less than the TAC for membrane unit in spite of that the mole fraction of CO2 in the product for PSA unit is 0.0001 and for membrane unit is 0.017. The cost of membrane unit and adsorption unit is mostly related to the compressor and electricity costs, and also the adsorbent cost is almost 2% of PSA process TAC while the membrane cost is more than 20% of membrane process TAC.
Cite this article:
Mustafa Aidin, Hedyeh Tafreshi, Husam Ali. The Comparative Study of Separation Process of CO2 and CH4 Mixture through Membrane and Adsorption Processes: A Short Review. Asian J. Research Chem. 2020; 13(6):509-514. doi: 10.5958/0974-4150.2020.00090.5
1. Ghasemian, M.B., et al., Approaching Piezoelectric Response of Pb-Piezoelectrics in Hydrothermally Synthesized Bi0.5(Na1–xKx)0.5TiO3 Nanotubes. ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces, 2018. 10(24): p. 20816-20825.
2. Ghasemian, M.B., et al., Lattice evolution and enhanced piezoelectric properties of hydrothermally synthesised 0.94(Bi0.5Na0.5) TiO3–0.06BaTiO3 nanofibers. Journal of Materials Chemistry C, 2017. 5(42): p. 10976-10984.
3. Anbia, M., et al., Employing a new modified nanoporous carbon for extraction and determination of 1,10-phenanthroline and 2,2′-bipyridine by SPE and use of the Taguchi optimization method. Analytical Methods, 2012. 4(12): p. 4220-4229.
4. Mostafavi, S.M., et al. Electrochemical Study and Determination of Thiophene by Cobalt Oxide Nanoparticle Modified Glassy Carbon Electrode. in 6th Aegean Analytical Chemistry Days (AACD), Denizli, Turkey. 2008.
5. Seyed Mojtaba Mostafavi, S.A., Iman Seyedi, Mohammad Hoseini, Excel for Engineers. 2009, Toranj Group Publication, Ltd.
6. Seyed Mojtaba Mostafavi, A.R., Masoumeh Piryaei, Electrochemistry: principles, methods, and applications. 2009, Toranj Group Publication, Ltd.
7. Seyed Mojtaba Mostafavi, A.M., Determination of molecular structure by identification of functional groups. 2010, Toranj Group Publication, Ltd., Isfahan, Iran.
8. Seyed Mojtaba Mostafavi, O.Z., Thermodynamics: an engineering approach. 2010, Mani Publication, Ltd, Isfahan, Iran.
9. Seyed Mojtaba Mostafavi, B.R., Nanomaterial Chemistry. 2010, Toranj Group Publication, Ltd.
10. Ghasemian, M.B., et al., Morphology control and large piezoresponse of hydrothermally synthesized lead-free piezoelectric (Bi0.5Na0.5) TiO3 nanofibres. RSC Advances, 2017. 7(25): p. 15020-15026.
11. Zabihi, O., et al., The effect of zinc oxide nanoparticles on thermo-physical properties of diglycidyl ether of bisphenol A/2, 2′-Diamino-1, 1′-binaphthalene nanocomposites. Thermochimica acta, 2011. 521(1-2): p. 49-58.
12. Seyed Mojtaba Mostafavi, A.R., Mina Adibi, Farshid Pashaee, Masoumeh Piryaei, Modification of Glassy Carbon Electrode by a Simple, Inexpensive and Fast Method Using an Ionic Liquid Based on Immidazolium as Working Electrode in Electrochemical Determination of Some Biological Compounds. Asian Journal of Chemistry, 2011. 23(12).
13. Seyed Mojtaba Mostafavi, A.R., Mina Adibi, Farshid Pashaee, Masoumeh Piryaei, Electrochemical Investigation of Thiophene on Glassy Carbon Electrode and Quantitative Determination of it in Simulated Oil Solution by Differential Pulse Voltammetry and Amperometry Techniques. Asian Journal of Chemistry, 2011. 23(12): p. 5356-5360.
14. Zabihi, O., A. Khodabandeh, and S.M. Mostafavi, Preparation, optimization and thermal characterization of a novel conductive thermoset nanocomposite containing polythiophene nanoparticles using dynamic thermal analysis. Polymer degradation and stability, 2012. 97(1): p. 3-13.
15. Shamsipur, M., et al., Biotransformation of methyl tert-butyl ether by human cytochrome P450 2A6. Biodegradation, 2012. 23(2): p. 311-318.
16. Seyed Mojtaba Mostafavi, A.R., Ali Akbar Miranbeigi, Handbook of Mineral Analysis. 2012, Mani Publication, Ltd, Isfahan, Iran.
17. Seyed Mojtaba Mostafavi, M.P., Ahmad Rouhollahi and A. Mohajeri, Separation and Quantification of Hydrocarbons of LPG Using Novel MWCNT-Silica Gel Nanocomposite as Packed Column Adsorbent of Gas Chromatography. Journal of NanoAnalysis, 2014. 1(01): p. 01.
18. Seyed Mojtaba Mostafavi, M.P., Ahmad Rouhollahi and A. Mohajeri, Separation of Aromatic and Alcoholic Mixtures using Novel MWCNT-Silica Gel Nanocomposite as an Adsorbent in Gas Chromatography. Journal of NanoAnalysis, 2014. 1(01): p. 11.
19. Ghasemian, M.B., et al., Self-Limiting Galvanic Growth of MnO2 Monolayers on a Liquid Metal—Applied to Photocatalysis. Advanced Functional Materials, 2019. 29(36): p. 1901649.
20. Ghasemian, M.B., et al., Evidence of phase coexistence in hydrothermally synthesized K0.5Na0.5NbO3 nanofibers. Journal of Materials Chemistry A, 2020.
21. Ghasemian, M.B., et al., Peculiar piezoelectricity of atomically thin planar structures. Nanoscale, 2020. 12(5): p. 2875-2901.
22. Heidari, M., S. Ghasemi, and R. Heidari, The Effects of Leadership and Employment in Technical Capabilities of Sport Teams. Journal of Humanities Insights, 2019. 3(02): p. 75-80.
23. Parvanian, S., S.M. Mostafavi, and M. Aghashiri, Multifunctional Nanoparticle Developments in Cancer Diagnosis and Treatmen. Sensing and Bio-Sensing Research, 2016. 1(2): p. 22.
24. Mostafavi, S.M. Enhancement of mechanical performance of polymer nanocomposites using ZnO nanoparticles. in 5th International Conference on Composites: Characterization, Fabrication and Application (CCFA-5). 2016. Iran University of Science and Technology.
25. Abolfazl Davoudiroknabadi, S.M.M., Seyed Sajad Sajadikhah, An Introduction to Nanotechnology. 2016, Mikima Book.
26. Abolfazl Davodiroknabadi, S.M.M., Ali Asghar Pasban, Fundamentals of Nanostructure and Nanomaterial. 2016, Mikima Book.
27. Pasban, A., et al., Quantitative Determination of LPG Hydrocarbons by Modified Packed Column Adsorbent of Gas Chromatography Via Full Factorial Design. Journal of Nanoanalysis, 2017. 4(1): p. 31-40.
28. Somayyeh Heidari, M.I., Seyed Mojtaba Mostafavi, , A Validated and Rapid HPLC Method for Quantification of Human Serum Albumin in Interferon beta-1a Biopharmaceutical Formulation. MedBioTech Journal, 2017. 1(01): p. 29.
29. Mostafavi, S.M., K. Bagherzadeh, and M. Amanlou, A new attempt to introduce efficient inhibitors for Caspas-9 according to structure-based Pharmacophore Screening strategy and Molecular Dynamics Simulations. Medbiotech Journal, 2017. 01(01): p. 1-8.
30. Amanlou, M. and S.M. Mostafavi, In sillico screening to aim computational efficient inhibitors of caspase-9 by ligand-based pharmacophore modeling. Medbiotech Journal, 2017. 01(01): p. 34-41.
31. Mostafavi, S.M., et al., Acidity removal of Iranian heavy crude oils by nanofluid demulsifier: An experimental investigation. Journal of Nanoanalysis, 2017: p. 10-17.
32. Aida Badamchi Shabestari, B.A.A., Maryam Shekarchi, Seyed Mojtaba Mostafavi, Development of Environmental Analysis for Determination of Total Mercury in Fish Oil Pearls by Microwave Closed Vessels Digestion Coupled with ICP-OES. Ekoloji, 2018. 27(106): p. 1935.
33. Bayat, M. and S.M. Mostafavi, Investigation of Interleukin 2 as Signaling Molecule in Human Serum Albumin. The Pharmaceutical and Chemical Journal, 2018. 5(02): p. 183-189.
34. Samira Eissazadeh, S.M.M., Masoumeh Piryaei, and M.S. Taskhiri, Application Of Polyaniline Nanostructure Based Biosensor For Glucose And Cholesterol Detection. Research Journal of Pharmaceutical, Biological and Chemical Sciences, 2019. 10(1): p. 150.
35. Samira Eissazadeh, M.P., Mohammad Sadegh Taskhiri and S.M. Mostafavi, Improvement of Sensitivity of Antigen-Antibody Detection of Semen Through Gold Nanoparticle. Research Journal of Pharmaceutical, Biological and Chemical Sciences, 2019. 10(1): p. 144.
36. Samira Eissazadeh, M.P. and S.M. Mostafavi, Measurement of Some Amino Acid Using Biosensors Based on Silicon-Based Carbon Nanotubes. Journal of Computational and Theoretical Nanoscience, 2019. 16: p. 1.
37. Aida Badamchi Shabestari, S.M.M., Hanieh Malekzadeh, Force Degradation Comparative Study on Biosimilar Adalimumab and Humira. Revista Latinoamericana de Hipertensión, 2019. 13(06): p. 496-509.
38. Mostafavi, S.M., S. Eissazadeh, and M. Piryaei, Comparison of Polymer and Ceramic Membrane in the Separation of Proteins in Aqueous Solution Through Liquid Chromatography. Journal of Computational and Theoretical Nanoscience, 2019. 16(1): p. 157-164.
39. Ahmadipour, A., P. Shaibani, and S.A. Mostafavi, Assessment of empirical methods for estimating potential evapotranspiration in Zabol Synoptic Station by REF-ET model. Medbiotech Journal, 2019. 03(01): p. 1-4.
40. Jafari, S. and S.A. Mostafavi, Investigation of nitrogen contamination of important subterranean water in the plain. Medbiotech Journal, 2019. 03(01): p. 10-12.
41. Z. Man, A.G.E., S. M. Mostafavi, A. Surendar, Fuel oil characteristics and applications: economic and technological aspects. Petroleum Science and Technology, 2019.
42. Seyed Mojtaba Mostafavi1, H.M. and M.S. Taskhiri, In Silico Prediction of Gas Chromatographic Retention Time of Some Organic Compounds on the Modified Carbon Nanotube Capillary Column. Journal of Computational and Theoretical Nanoscience, 2019. 16(01): p. 151-156.
43. Mostafavi, S.M. and A. Ebrahimi, Mercury determination in work place air and human biological samples based on dispersive liquid-liquid micro-extraction coupled with cold vapor atomic absorption spectrometry. Analytical Methods in Environmental Chemistry Journal, 2019. 2(04): p. 49-58.