M.L.N. Acharyulu, P.V.S.R. Mohana Rao, I. Siva Ramakoti, P. Jayarangarao
M.L.N. Acharyulu1, P.V.S.R. Mohana Rao2, I. Siva Ramakoti3, P. Jayarangarao4
1Associate Professor, Centurion University of Technology and Management, Andhra Pradesh- 530017, India
2Research Scholar, Department of Engineering Chemistry, A.U. College of Engineering (A), Visakhapatnam - 530003, A.P
3Assistant Professor, Department of Chemistry, Centurion University of Technology and Management, Odisha- 761211, India
4Assistant Professor, Baba Institute of Technology and Sciences, Visakhapatnam, A.P. India.
Volume - 14,
Issue - 1,
Year - 2021
Two visible spectrophotometric methods were developed Aand B for the determination of Darunavir in pure and pharmaceutical formulations. The methods are based on condensation reaction with PDAB (Method-A) and ONB (Method-B) in presence of acidic medium with the primary amine group in DNV. The coloured products exhibit absorption ?max at 639 nm and 452nm for methods A and B respectively. Regression analysis of Beer-Lambert plots showed good correlation in the concentration ranges 10-60µg/ml, 50-300µg/ml, correlation co-efficients are 0.9983, 0.9989; Sandell’s sensitivities are 9.9833 x 10-3, 3.0456 x 10-2 (1 mole cm-1); and molar absorptivity values are 5.4857 x 104, 1.7981x 104 (µg cm¬-2) for methods-Aand B respectively. The proposed methods are applied to commercial available formulations and the results are statistically compared with those obtained by the UV reference method and validated by recovery studies. The results are found satisfactory and reproducible. These methods are applied successfully for the estimation of the DNV in the presence of other ingredients that are usually present in formulations. These methods offer the advantages of rapidity, simplicity and sensitivity and low cost without the need for expensive instrumentation and reagents.
Cite this article:
M.L.N. Acharyulu, P.V.S.R. Mohana Rao, I. Siva Ramakoti, P. Jayarangarao. Condensation Methods for the Determination of Methoxamine Hydro Chloride in Pure and Pharmaceutical Formulations. Asian J. Research Chem. 2021; 14(1):23-27. doi: 10.5958/0974-4150.2021.00004.3
1. Gilman AG, Rall TW, Nies AS, Taylor P, editors. Goodman and Gilman's the pharmacological basis of therapeutics. 8th ed. New York: Pergamon Press, 1990, 213.
3. Ulu, Sevgi Tatar. J of AOAC Int. 2013, 5(96), 987-990.
4. Al-mesdhal A, El-domiaty M.M, Al-obaid. J of liq. Chrom.1989, 12(9),1589-1600.
5. Abdulrahman A. Alwarthan, Abdulrahman M. Al-Obaid. J of Pharm.& Biomed. Anal. 1997, 15(7), 911-916.
6. Ekram M. Hassan, HebaAbdine, Abdul-Rahman M.A. Ai-Obaid. Spectroscopy letters. 2000, 33(1), 9-21.
7. Han Liu, Fang Feng, Ming Ma, Shuangiin Cui, DarongXie, Sizhi Xu. J Chromatography B. 2007, 858(1), 42-48.
8. Remington. The science and practice of pharmacy. Lipincott Williams & Wilkins publishers, Newyork, 2007,1(21), 621-626.
9. Skoog, Holler, Nieman. Principles of instrumental analysis. Harcourt college publishers, fortworth, 2004, (5), 725-739.
10. Chatwal GR and Anand SK. Instrumental Methods of Chemical Analysis, Himalaya Publishing House, New Delhi, 2004, 21-57.
11. Lloyd R Snyder, Joseph J Kirkl, d Joseph L Glajesh.1997, (2), 1-14.
12. Stability testing of New Drug substances and products Q1A (R2). ICH Harmonised Tripartite Guideline. ICH, Geneva, Switzerland, (2003).
13. Drug Profile, "Triprolidine" http://www.mims.com/Troprolidine
14. P. Saifulla Khan, P. Raveendra Reddy And V. Krishna Reddy, Visible Spectrophotometric Methods for The Determination of Zolmitriptan In Bulk And Pharmaceutical Formulations Using Aromatic Aldehydes And Folin’s Reagent, International Journal of ChemTech 2013,5(6),2941-2946
15. B.M. Gurupadayya, NavyaSama, Spectrophotometric Determination of Mesalamine by PDAC and NQS Reagents in bulk and tablet dosage form, Journal of Pharmacy Research ,2011,4(1):39-41
16. M I Walash, A AbouOuf, F B Salem, Colorimetric determination of sympathomimetic amines methyldopa and noradrenaline, J Assoc Off Anal Chem, Jan-Feb 1985;68(1):91-5
17. PanchumarthyRavisankar, MD. Shaheem Sulthana, P. S. Babu, SK. Afzal Basha, R. Aswini, V. Swathi, SK. Mahamuda Sultana, M. Sri Lakshmi Prasanna, N. Navyasri, I. M. Thanuja, Comprehensive Review of Important Analytical Reagents used in Spectrophotometry, Indo American Journal of Pharmaceutical Research, 2017, 7(05), 8716-8744
18. Abdulrahman A. Alwarthan, Abdulrahman M. Al-Obaid, Spectrophotometric determination of methoxamine using cerium (IV) in presence of sodium lauryl sulphate and rhodamine-B, Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis,1997,15(7), 911-916
19. Ekram M. Hassan, Heba H. Abdine and Abdul-Rahman M.A. Ai-Obaid, Spectrophotometric and Fluorimetric Methods for the Determination of Methoxamine Hc1 in Bulk Drugs and in Ampoules, Spectroscopy letters, 2008,1,9-21
20. Olajire A. Adegoke, Chemical derivatization methodologies for UV-Visible Spectrophotometric determination of pharmaceuticals, Int. J. Pharm. Sci. Rev. Res., 14(2), 2012; nᵒ 02, 6‐24
21. Pawan Kumar, Kanchan. A Study of Factors affecting the level of Consumer’s buying behavior for Branded Apparels. Asian Journal of Management. 2018; 9(1):155-161.
22. Alicemani, Likithakariappa P. An Analysis on the Impact of Commodity Prices and Exchange Rates on the Price of Bitcoin. Asian Journal of Management. 2018; 9(1):427-431.
23. K. Raghubabu, V. Jagannadharao, B. Kalyana Ramu. Assay of Ropinirole hydrochloride in Pharmaceutical Preparations by Visible Spectrophotometry. Asian J. Pharm. Ana. 2(2): April-June 2012; Page 41-45.
24. S. Kathirvel, R. Raju, B. Seethadevi, A. Suneetha, J. Pavani. Stability Indicating RP-HPLC Method for the Determination of Process Related Impurities in Posaconazole API. Asian J. Pharm. Tech. 2014; Vol. 4: Issue 4, Oct.-Dec., Pg 167-178.
25. V. Nadaraj, S. Thamarai Selvi. Synthesis and Characterization of Naphtho Fused [1,8] Naphthyridine Derivatives. Asian J. Research Chem. 4(1): January 2011; Page 28-30.
26. H.V. Shahare, G.R. Pawar, S.S. Patil, P.D. Patil. Synthesis and Biological Evaluation of New Chalcone Analogs. Asian J. Research Chem. 4(2): February 2011; Page 237-240.
27. S. Vasanthi, J. Arul Moli, D. Roop Singh. Synthesis and Characterization of Certain Photocrosslinkablethermotropic Liquid Crystalline Random Copolyesters Containing Arylidene Moiety in the Main Chain. Asian J. Research Chem. 4(8): August, 2011; Page 1343-1349.
28. Amol S. Sherikar. Quantitative Structure Activity Relationship of Some Substituted 2-Aminopyridines and Fused Bicyclic Rings as inhibitors of Nitric Oxide Synthases. Asian J. Research Chem. 4(10): Oct., 2011; Page 1625-1629.
29. Tamizharuvi T, Indira R, Jaisankar V. Synthesis, characterisation and drug release pattern of certain lactic acid based random copolyesters. Asian J. Research Chem. 5(5): May 2012; Page 611-615.
30. Navjeet Kaur, Neha Garg, Dharma Kishore. Application of Inorganic Reagents in Organic name Reactions. Asian J. Research Chem. 5(7): July, 2012; Page 936-960.
31. S. S. Rahangdale. Synthesis and Chelation Ion-exchange Study of Copolymer Resin Derived from Resorcinol and Melamine. Asian J. Research Chem. 5(11): Nov., 2012; Page 1405-1408.
32. Ch. Muralikrishna, C. Rambabu. Spectrophotometric Determination of Oxcarbazepine in Bulk and Pharmaceutical Formulations. Asian J. Research Chem. 6(9): September 2013; Page 808-810.
33. Indira R., Harihara Priya G., Tamizharuvi T., Jaisankar V.. Synthesis and Characterization of Novel Bio-Elastomers for Tissue Engineering. Asian J. Research Chem. 6(9): September 2013; Page 814-818.
34. Pushkar Pratap Singh, B. Jayalakshmi, N. Senthil Kumar. Synthesis, Characterization and Antimicrobial Evaluation of Some New Chalcones. Asian J. Research Chem. 6(12): December 2013; Page 1133-1136.
35. S. Sharma, J. Kaur, T. Bansal, J. Gaba. Synthesis and Microbial Activity of some new Furfural Acrylamides. Asian J. Research Chem. 6(12): December 2013; Page 1110-1115.