Zamzam Taher Omar (Al-Ahdal), Shivaji Jadhav, Rashmi Pathrikar, Shaikh Uzma, Megha Rai
Zamzam Taher Omar (Al-Ahdal)1, Shivaji Jadhav2*, Rashmi Pathrikar3, Shaikh Uzma1, Megha Rai1
1Department of Chemistry, Dr. Rafiq Zakaria College for Women, Aurangabad - 431001, MS, India.
2Department of Chemistry, Tarai College Paithan, Aurangabad, MS, India.
3Department of Chemistry, Rajshri Shahu College, Pathri, Aurangabad, MS, India.
Volume - 15,
Issue - 3,
Year - 2022
Present research work describes the successful development of inner transition metal ion complexation, magnetic susceptibility study, thermodynamic parameters and biological applications of synthesized organic ligand. Stability constant Order of developed metal complexes of N-[-(4-chlorophenyl) methylene] isonicotinohydrazide was found as follows La(III) > Ce(III) > Sm(III). Positive µeff clearly indicates paramagnetic nature of developed complexes. During thermodynamic parameter examination we found stability constants for complexes decrease with an increasing temperature, indicating that the composition equilibrium is exothermic in nature. Also ?H and ?G were negative for all of the systems which suggested that all of the reactions were exothermic. The ?S found positive for most of the complexes which indicate in metal-ligand binding process is entropy favourable. In antimicrobial evaluation, we observed that Sm+3 metal complexes of (N-[(E)-(4-chlorophenyl) methylene] isonicotinohydrazde) exhibit superior property specifically against gram negative bacteria with respect to organic ligand.
Cite this article:
Zamzam Taher Omar (Al-Ahdal), Shivaji Jadhav, Rashmi Pathrikar, Shaikh Uzma, Megha Rai. Complexation, Bio-evaluation, Magnetic Susceptibility and Thermodynamic study of Newly Synthesized Pharmacologically active Schiff base with La(III), Ce(III) and Sm(III). Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry. 2022; 15(3):200-6. doi: 10.52711/0974-4150.2022.00034
Zamzam Taher Omar (Al-Ahdal), Shivaji Jadhav, Rashmi Pathrikar, Shaikh Uzma, Megha Rai. Complexation, Bio-evaluation, Magnetic Susceptibility and Thermodynamic study of Newly Synthesized Pharmacologically active Schiff base with La(III), Ce(III) and Sm(III). Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry. 2022; 15(3):200-6. doi: 10.52711/0974-4150.2022.00034 Available on: https://ajrconline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2022-15-3-3
1. S. Thakur, M. Farooqui and S. Naikwade, Formation of transition metal complexes carrying medicinal drugs: thermodynamic study. J. Chem. Biol. Phys. Sci. 2013, 4(1).
2. D. Al-Qahtani, pH-Metric Studies of Mixed Ligand Complexes of Zn(II) With Famotidine and Peptides, Oriental J. Chem. 2017, 33(4). https://doi.org/10.13005/ojc/330447
3. S. Jadhav, R. Megha, R. K. Pardeshi and M. Farooqui, Determination of stability constant of metal ligand equilibria with special reference to Schiff base and transition element. Der Pharmacia Lett. 2015, 7(12), 316.
4. E. V. Zhuravlev, V. G. Alekseev, M. A. Feofanova, and S. S. Ryasenskii, Complexation of Cu(II) with cefotaxime in NaCl solution, Russ. J. Inorg. Chem. 2016, 61, 877. https://doi.org/10.1134/S0036023616070214
5. A. A. Metlin, G. G. Gorboletova, S. A. Bychkova, and N. M. Berezina, Study of triglycine complexation with Cu2+ ions in aqueous solution, Russ. J. Inorg. Chem. 2017, 62, 1116. https://doi.org/10.1134/S0036023617080149
6. S. Jadhav, R. Megha, F. Bashir, and R. K. Pardeshi, Synthesis, characterization and potentiometric study on stability of N-[2-hydroxy-1-napthalydene]-2-methylanilline complexes with transition elements, J. Chem. Pharm. Res. 2016, 8, 245.
7. S. Kitagawa, R. Kitaura, and S. I. Noro, Functional Porous Coordination Polymers Ang. Chem. Int. Ed. 2004, 43, 2334.
8. J. Akter, M. A. Hanif, M. S. Islam, et al., Synthesis, Characterization and Antimicrobial activity of Mixed Ligand Complexes of Mn(II) and Zn(II) with Phthalic Acid or Succinic Acid and Heterocyclic Amines, Chem. Sin. 2017, 8, 166.
9. K. Selvaraj and Ch. Theivarasu, Synth. React. Synthesis and Characterization of Samarium(III) Complexes with Piperidin-4-Ones, Inorg. Met.-Org. Chem. 2000, 30, 1113. https://doi.org/10.1080/00945710009351823
10. Kostova, G. Momekov, and P. Stancheva, New Samarium(III), Gadolinium(III), and Dysprosium(III) Complexes of Coumarin-3-Carboxylic Acid as Antiproliferative Agents, Met. Based Drugs 2007. https://doi.org/10.1155/2007/15925
11. A. Mumtaz et al., Synthesis and characterization of new Schiff Base transition metal complexes derived from drug together with biological potential study. G. W.J. Nucl Med Radiat Ther. 2016, 7(310), 2.
12. A. Mishra and S. Monika, Synthesis, Structural, and Biological Studies of Some Schiff Bases and Their Metal Complexes, J. Metal-Based Drugs, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1155/2008/875410
13. A. K. Mapari, and K. V. Mangaonkar, Stability constants of mixed ligand complexes of transition metal (II) ions with N-(2-hydroxybenzylidene)-2, 3-dimethylaniline as pimary ligand and N-(2-hydroxy-1-naphthylidene)-4-nitroaniline as secondary ligand. Journal of Chemistry, 2011, 8(2), 859. DOI: 10.1155/2011/986907.
14. M.C. Purohit, Anuj Kandwal, Reena Purohit, A.R. Semwal, Shama Parveen, Arun K. Khajuria. Antimicrobial Activity of Synthesized Zinc Oxide Nanoparticles using Ajuga bracteosa Leaf Extract. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Analysis. 2021; 11(4):275-0.
15. C. Isac Sobana Raj, M. Christudhas, G. Allen Gnana Raj. Synthesis, Characterization, Metal Ion Intake and Antibacterial Activity of Schiff Base Complexes of Zr(IV) and Th(IV) Derived From Di-α-Formyl Methoxybis (3-Pentadecenylphenyl) Methane [DFMPM] and Ethylenediamine. Asian J. Research Chem. 4(11): Nov., 2011; Page 1765-1768.Saira Sehar, Amiza, I. H Khan. Role of ZnO Nanoparticles for improvement of Antibacterial Activity in Food Packaging. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Research. 2021; 11(2):128-1.
16. Reshma Chauhan, Charmi Patel, Jitendriya Panigrahi. Greener approach for copper nanoparticles synthesis from Catharanthus roseus and Azadirachta indica leaf extract and their antibacterial and antioxidant activities. Asian J. Res. Pharm. Sci. 2018; 8(2):81-90.
17. A. Jamal Abdul Nasser, A. Pasupathy, R. Surendra Kumar, A. Idhayadhulla. Synthesis, Characterization and Electrochemical Behavior of Transition Metal (II) Complexes from 2, 6-Diphenyl-Piperidin-4-Thiosemicarbazone and their Antimicrobial Studies. Asian J. Research Chem. 3(4): Oct. - Dec. 2010; Page 1022-1026.
18. Ravi N. Patel, Urviben Yashodharabhai Patel, Ripal R. Chaudhari, Dhrubo Jyoti Sen. Synthesis and Antibacterial Study of Some New Schiff's Bases of 2-Hydrazinyl-1-(1H-Imidazole-1-yl)-Ethanone. Asian J. Research Chem. 4(1): January 2011; Page 55-57.
19. S. Shanthi, A. Sujitha. Synthesis, Characterization and Antibacterial Activity of Metal Complexes from Schiff Base. Asian J. Research Chem. 4(1): January 2011; Page 80-83.
20. S. Shanthi, J. Stella. Synthesis, Characterization and Antibacterial Activity of Complexes of Transition Metal Ions with Schiff Base Derived From Salicylaldehyde and p-Methoxy Aniline. Asian J. Research Chem. 4(1): January 2011; Page 84-87.
21. K.T. Joshi, J.M. Patel, A.M. Pancholi, D.A. Shukla. Thermodynamic Parameters of Some Transition Metal ion Complexes of Some Substituted Hydrazones and Their Antibacterial Activity. Asian J. Research Chem. 4(6): June, 2011; Page 932-935.
22. M. Elnawawy, R.S. Farag, I.A. Sbbah, A.M. Abuyamine. Synthesis, Spectroscopic, Thermal Characterization and Biological Activity of (E)-4-(4-Methoxybenzylideneamino)-N-(5-Methylisoxazol-3-Yl) Benzenesulfonamide and Its Copper Complexes. Asian J. Research Chem. 4(10): Oct., 2011; Page 1578-1581.
23. Thakar A.S., Friedrich H.B., Joshi K.T.. Synthesis, Characterization, and Antibacterial Activity of some Chelates in O,N-Donor Coordination Pattern involving Schiff bases derived from 4-Acetyl/Benzoyl-1-(4’-Nitrophenyl)-3-Methyl-2-Pyrazolin-5-one and Sulfamoxole. Asian J. Research Chem. 6(6): June 2013; Page 540-545.
24. A. Ghiladi, K. Medzihradszky, F. Rusnak, and P. O. de Montellano, Correlation between Isoniazid Resistance and Superoxide Reactivity in Mycobacterium tuberculosis KatG, J. Amer. Chem. Soc. 2005. https://doi.org/10.1021/ja054366t
25. A. Elhakeem, T. Taher, and M. Abuel-Maaty, Synthesis and anti-mycobacterial evaluation of some new isonicotinylhydrazide analogues, Bull. Faculty Pharm. Cairo Univ. 2015. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bfopcu.2014.11.001
26. S. V. Thakur, M. Farooqui, and S. D. Naikwade, Stability study of complexation of trivalent rare earth metals with isoniazid: thermodynamic aspect. International Journal of Research in Inorganic Chemistry, 2012, 1(4), 5.
27. T. Zamzam, S. Jadhav, D. Kayande, and R. Megha, pH-metric Study of Metal-ligand Stability Constant of Transition Metal Complexes with Pharmacologically Active Ligand N-[(E)-(4-Hydroxy-3-methoxyphenyl)methylene] isonicotinohydrazide. Curr. Pharm. Res. 2019, 407, 58.
28. T. Zamzam, S. Jadhav, M. Farooqui, and R. Megha, Stability constant study of transition metal complexes with pharmacologically active ligand(N-[-(4- chlorophenyl)methylene] nicotinohydrazide) by pH metric Technique., Int. J. Chem. Tech. Res. 2018, 11, 11. https://doi.org/10.20902/IJCTR.2018.111121
29. Zamzam T. O, Shivaji Jadhav and Megha Rai, Potentiometric and Thermodynamic Studies of (N-[-(4-Chlorophenyl) Methylene] Nicotinohydrazide) and its Transition Metal Complexes. Integrated Ferroelectrics, 2020, 2005(1), 88-94. https://doi.org/10.1080/10584587.2019.1675003
30. T. Zamzam, S. Jadhav and R. Megha, Determination of Metal-Ligand Stability Constant of Transition Metal Complexes with Pharmacologically Active Ligand N-[(E)-(2-Nitrophenyl)methylen]isonicotinohydrazide, J. Biol. Chem. Chron., 2019. https://doi.org/10.33980/jbcc.2019.v05i01.015
31. Zamzam T. O, Shivaji Jadhav, Md. Mohsin, Faizaa A.S. and Megha Rai, Complexation study of synthesized pharmacological organic ligands with Samarium. Russian journal of inorganic chemistry, 2020, 65(14), 2046-2052. DOI: 10.1134/S0036023620140053