P. Aravinda Reddy, Vommidarapu Srujana, Ramya Sri. S
P. Aravinda Reddy1*, Vommidarapu Srujana1, Ramya Sri. S2
1Department of Pharmaceutical Analysis, Samskruti College of Pharmacy,
Affiliated to JNTUH University, Hyderabad 501301, Telangana, India.
2Department of Pharmacy, University College of Technology, Osmania University,
Hyderabad, Telangana, 500007, India.
Volume - 16,
Issue - 1,
Year - 2023
A new, simple, precise, rapid, selective and stability reversed-phase high performance liquid chromatographic (RP-HPLC) method has been developed and validated for the simultaneous quantification of Perphenazine and Amitriptyline in pure form and its pharmaceutical dosage form. The method is based on Phenomenex Gemini C18 (4.6×250mm) 5µ column. The separation is achieved using isocratic elution by Methanol: TEA Buffer in the ratio of 65:35% v/v, pumped at flow rate 1.0mL/min and UV detection at 230nm. The column is maintained at 40°C throughout the analysis. The total run time is about 6min. The method is validated for specificity, accuracy, precision and linearity, robustness and ruggedness, system suitability, limit of detection and limit of quantitation as per International conference of harmonization (ICH) Guidelines. The method is accurate and linear for quantification of Perphenazine, Amitriptyline between 10 - 50µg/mL and 20 - 100µg/mL respectively. Further, satisfactory results are also established in terms of mean percent- age recovery (100.37% for Perphenazine and 100.34% for Amitriptyline, intra-day and inter-day precision (<2%) and robustness. The advantages of this method are good resolution with sharper peaks and sufficient precision. The results indicate that the method is suitable for the routine quality control testing of marketed tablet formulations.
Cite this article:
P. Aravinda Reddy, Vommidarapu Srujana, Ramya Sri. S. Validated RP-HPLC Method for Simultaneous Estimation of Perphenazine and Amitriptyline in Bulk and Tablet Dosage form. Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry. 2023; 16(1):49-4. doi: 10.52711/0974-4150.2023.00009
P. Aravinda Reddy, Vommidarapu Srujana, Ramya Sri. S. Validated RP-HPLC Method for Simultaneous Estimation of Perphenazine and Amitriptyline in Bulk and Tablet Dosage form. Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry. 2023; 16(1):49-4. doi: 10.52711/0974-4150.2023.00009 Available on: https://ajrconline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2023-16-1-9
1. Mayanka Singh, Manoj Charde, Rajesh Shukla, Rita M. Charde. Determination of Calcipotriene in Calcipotriene Cream 0.05% w/w by RP-HPLC Method Development and Validation. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. August 2011; 4(8): Page 1219-1223.
2. Rupali Tambe, Someshwar Mankar, Santosh Dighe. Analytical Method Development and Validation of Paliperidone: A Review. Research J. Science and Tech. 2020; 12(1):23-35. doi: 10.5958/2349-2988.2020.00003.0
3. Nimmy Andrews, Bivin J B. Development of Home Management Checklist-Schizophrenia (HMCL-S) for Family Caregivers of Persons Diagnosed With Schizophrenia. Asian J. Nur. Edu. and Research.2017; 7(2): 235-238. doi: 10.5958/2349-2996.2017.00049.0
4. Josephine Gracia Britto, Ramachandra. Relapse Prevention among Caregivers of Patients with Schizophrenia. Asian J. Nur. Edu. & Research. Jan.-March 2014; 4(1): Page 140-144.
5. A. Sahaya Vivitha. A Study to Evaluate the Effectiveness of Structured Teaching Programme on Expressed Emotions and Knowledge regarding Relapse Prevention among Caregivers of Patients with Schizophrenia in a Selected Hospital, Salem. Int. J. Nur. Edu. and Research. 2017; 5(1): 01-05. doi: 10.5958/2454-2660.2017.00001.1
7. P. Purushothaman, A. Umar Faruk Sha, T. Vetrichelvan. Formulation development and Evaluation of immediate and sustained release Bilayer Tablets Containing Amitriptyline HCl and Pregabalin for the treatment of Neuropathic Pain. Asian J. Pharm. Tech. 2017; 7 (3): 127-136. doi: 10.5958/2231-5713.2017.00021.6
8. Rabie S. Farag, Ashraf M. Ahmed. RP-HPLC Determination of Amitriptyline Hydrochloride in Tablet Formulations and Urine. Asian J. Research Chem. 4(1): January 2011; Page 24-27.
9. Cijo John, C. Chainulu, Priyankar Ghosh, Seema Srivastava, Sudhirkumar Shukla, S. Satyanarayana. Validated High Performance Thin Layer Chromatography Method for the Simultaneous Determination of Amitriptyline, Atenolol and Propranolol. Asian J. Research Chem. 4(7): July, 2011; Page 1059-1063.