Namrata Pandey, Chandra Kala Pant
Namrata Pandey1*, Chandra Kala Pant2
1Department of Chemistry, SSMMUSSS Govt. P.G College Dwarahat, Almora, Uttarakhand, India – 263653.
2Department of Chemistry, DSB Campus, Nainital, Uttarakhand.
Volume - 15,
Issue - 2,
Year - 2022
The action of heat on Acetylene, Ammonia and Water vapour in presence and absence of metal ferrocyanides at 90±5°C under simulated sea beach conditions has been investigated for the plausible formation of nucleic acid bases. Paper chromatography (PC) and High-Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC) analysis of the reaction concentrate heated up to 200hrs revealed purine and pyrimidine bases viz. cytosine, uracil, adenine, thymine and hypoxanthine were formed and confirmed with the data of authentic samples.
Cite this article:
Namrata Pandey, Chandra Kala Pant. Synthesis of N-Bases from Primitive Earth Gases in presence and absence of Metal Ferrocyanides. Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry. 2022; 15(2):133-7. doi: 10.52711/0974-4150.2022.00021
Namrata Pandey, Chandra Kala Pant. Synthesis of N-Bases from Primitive Earth Gases in presence and absence of Metal Ferrocyanides. Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry. 2022; 15(2):133-7. doi: 10.52711/0974-4150.2022.00021 Available on: https://ajrconline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2022-15-2-5
1. Oparin A.I. Origin of Life (Translated from Russian By S. Morgolis) Dover Publication, New York, (1953).1936
2. Oparin A.I. Proiskhozhdenie Zhizny. Isd. Moskovshii, Raochii, Moscow.1924
3. Haldane, J.B.S. The Rationalist Annual. 1929
4. D Bharti, C Arora. Synergistic Effect of Antifungal Activity of Medicinal Plants with Transition Metal Ferrocyanides. Asian J. Research Chem. .2011
5. Kuhn, W. Chem. Ber. 1956. pp. 89-303.
6. Bernal, J.D. The Physical basis of Life Routledge and Kegan Paul, London. 1951
7. Miller, S.L., and Orgel, L.E. The origin of Life on the Earth. Prentice Hall, Inc Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey. 1974
8. Rutten M.G. The Origin of Life, Elsevier Publishing company, Amesterdam London, New York. 1971
9. Lemmon, R.M. Chemical evolution, Chem. Rev. 1970. pp. 70,95-109.
10. Ferris J. P. Origin of Life and Evolution of Biosphere. 1922 pp. 22,109-134.
11. R. Vijayalakshmi, S. Anbazhagan. Method Development and Validation for Simultaneous Estimation of Metamizole Sodium and Pitofenone HCl by a Stability Indicating RP-HPLC. Asian J. Research Chem. 2011.
12. Von domm, K.L, Grant B. and Edmond, J.M. NATO conference series, Ser IV Marine Science, Vol 12 New York. 1983. pp. 391-409.
13. K Gururani, C K Pant, H.D. Pathak. Thermal Synthesis of Amino Acids from Acetonitrile - Water Vapor in Presence and Absence of Metal Oxides (Silica and Alumina) Under Prebiotic Wetting and Drying Conditions of Primitive Earth. Asian J. Research Chem. 2013
14. Pandey, N. Ph.D. Thesis, Kumaun University, Nainital. 2011
15. Kavita Gururani. et al. Heat induced synthesis of Amino Acids from reaction system comprised of Acetylene, Ammonia and water vapour in presence and absence of metal oxides (silica and alumina) under wetting drying conditions of primitive earth. Asian J. Research Chem. 5(9). September. 2012.
16. Edmond, J.M and Von Damn, K.L. Nature McDuff. R.E. and Measures, C.I. 1982. pp. 297, 187- 191
17. Pant, A.K. Ph.D. Thesis, Kumaun University, Nainital. 1978
18. Pathak, C.K. Ph.D. Thesis, Kumaun University, Nainital. 1979
19. Kalra, S. Ph.D. Thesis, Kumaun University, Nainital. 1999
20. Bargali. K. Ph.D. Thesis, Kumaun University, Nainital. 2004
21. Hemlata. Ph.D. Thesis, Kumaun University, Nainital. 2005
22. Arrhenius, G. Clay Minerals and the origin of Life (eds. A.G. Cairns- Smith and H. Hartman) Cambridge university press, Cambridge, 1986. pp 97-104.
23. Egami, F. J. Biochem. 1957. pp. 77,1165.
24. Schwendinger, M.G. & Rode B.M. Inorg. Chem. Acta. 1991. pp. 186, 247-251.
25. Ponnamperuma, C., Shimoyama, A and Fribele, E. Origin of Life. 1982. pp. 12, 9-40.
26. Lambert, J.F. Origins of Life Evol. Biosphere. 2008. pp. 38, 211-242.
27. Kourim, V. Raise and B. Millions, J. Inorg, Nucl.Chem. 26. 1964. pp. 1111.
28. Subhasish Chaudhur, Biswajit Chandra Das. Detection of Commonly used Carbamates by Thin Layer Chromatography and Spot Test Method Asian J. Research Chem. 2012.
29. Punam S. Desai et al. High Performance Liquid Chromatography – A Validation View. Asian J PAna.2019.
30. Sravani A. A Review Article on Flash Chromatography. Asian J. Research Chem. 2018.
31. Hancock, W.S. and Hardling D.R.K. CRC Handbook of HPLC for separation of amino acids, peptides, proteins and nucleic acid. 1982.
32. Shinde Ganesh et al. A Review on Chromatography and Advancement in Paper Chromatography Technique. Asian J PAna. 2021
33. H.C. Urey. "The Planets" Yale Univ. Press, New Haven, 1952. pp. 254
34. NKD Devi et al. A Friendly Relationship between Man and Microbes. Research J Science & Technology. 2010
35. Egami, F. J.Molec. Evol, 4. 1974. pp. 113- 191
36. Miller, S.L. J.Amer. Chem. Soc.77(9). 1995. pp. 2351-2361.
37. Jai Devi, Nisha Batra, Rajesh Malhotra. Biological Evaluation of Co (II), Ni(II), Cu(II) and Zn(II) complexes derived from Hydrazide Ligand. Asian J. Research Chem. 2017