The kinetic result of hydrolysis of Ethyl Caprlyate has been investigated at different composition of aqueous-organic solvent with Acetone (30-70% v/v) over the temperature range of 20 to 400c. The calculated result follows second order kinetics and is observed that the rate decreases with increasing proportion of Acetone. This behavior is attributed electrostatic nature that various solvent-solute interaction in reaction media. Linear plots of Logk against water concentration shows that equilibrium shifted from dense form to bulky form. Iso-kinetic temperature has been determined with the help of slopes of (?H*) versus (?S*). Thermodynamic parameter has been calculated with the help of Wynne-Jones and Eyring equation.
Cite this article:
A.K. Singh. Solvent effect and Activation Parameters: A Kinetic Reaction of Ethyl Caprylate in Water-Acetone Media. Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry. 2021; 14(6):441-4. doi: 10.52711/0974-4150.2021.00076
A.K. Singh. Solvent effect and Activation Parameters: A Kinetic Reaction of Ethyl Caprylate in Water-Acetone Media. Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry. 2021; 14(6):441-4. doi: 10.52711/0974-4150.2021.00076 Available on: https://ajrconline.org/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2021-14-6-9
1. Sharma Sangita et al. Kinetic study of specific base catalysed hydrolysis of Ethyl Acrylate in water-Ethanol binary system. Russian Journal of physical chemistry A. Vol. 87, No. 5, 2013. Pp730-736
2. Nisha Chhetri, S. A. Bhoite Study of Solvent Effects on Hydrolysis of Mono-m-toluidinePhosphate. International Journal of ChemTech Research, Vol.9, No.02 pp 106-109, 2016
3. Schmeer G., Six C., Steinkirchner J., “Investigations on substituent and solvent effects of solvolysis reactions. VIII. The influence of water and nonaqueous solvents on the imidazolysis of 4-nitrophenylacetate”, J. Sol. Chem., 1999, 28; 211-222.
4. Yangjeh A.H., Nooshyar M., “Prediction of solvent effects on rate constant of [2+2] cycloadditionreaction of diethyl azodicarboxylate with ethyl vinyl ether using artificial neutral networks”, Bull.Korean Chem. Soc., 2005, 26; 139-145.
5. EZZ A. et al. Kinetics reactivity, initial-transition state analysis and thermodynamic parameters of base catalised hydrolysis of Coumalic acid in solvents with different polarity. Arabian Journal of Chemistry, 10 s1,pp S988-S995.2017
6. Ingold C K. Structure and mechanism of organic chemistry. Cornell Universiy Press Ithyca 1967.
7. Laidler K.J and L and Skroener P A,: Trans Faraday Soc. 52, 200 1956
8. Parker A J., The effect of salvation on the properties of anion in dipolar Q Rev Issue-2(1962), p163.
9. Roberts D. D., Solvent effect III. The influence of aqueous dimethyl solfoxide on alkyl benzoate ester saponification reaction. J Org. Chem.,31,12, pp4037-4041.1966.
10. Metwally M. S. Kinetic study of resin catalised hydrolysis of Ethyl Propinoate in aqueous solvent system. Reaction Kintic Catalysis and Letters Vol-47. No-2 pp319-336. 1992.
11. Fayez. y. Khalil et al. Kinetic and solvent effect in acid catalised hydrolysis of Ethyl Malonate in dioxane and Acetone-water mixture. Monatshefte Fur chemie, 108 pp469-475.
12. Tommila E. Effect of solvent on reaction velocity(X). Solvolysis of Alkyl Halide in water acetone mixture. Ann. Acad. Sci. Fenn.A2 91,1959.
13. LANE C A. The possibility of cyclic mechanism for acid catalised ester hydrolysis. J AMM. Chem Soc. 86,12, pp2521-2523.
14. R.E. Robertson, “A survey of thermodynamic parameter for solvolysis in water”, Prog. Phy.Org. chem. 4, 1967 pp213
15. Robertson. R E., Heppolitite. R L, Scott J.M.W: A survey of thermodynamic parameter for the solvolysis of water. Canad. Journal of Chemistry. 37(4) pp803-824.
16. Sharma Sangita et al. Kinetic study of specific base catalised hydrolysis of Ethyl Acrylate in water-Ethanol binary system. Russian J. of Physical Chemistry A. VOL-87, NO.-5, PP730-736. 2013.
17. Wynne-jones W F K and Eyring H., The Absolute rate of reaction in condense phases” Journal of Chemical Physics 3; 492-502.
18. Nisha Chhetry, S A Bhoite.Study of solvent effect on hydrolysis of Mono-m-Toluidine phosphate. International J of Chemical Technology. Vol-9, No-2, pp106-109,2016.
19. Khalil F Y. and M t Hanna. Kinetics activation parameters and mechanism of acid hydrolysis of Ter-Butyl acetate in aqueous DMSO. Crotica Chemica ACTA. 52(4), pp329-338, 1979
20. Metwally M S. Kinetic study of resin catalised hydrolysis of ethyl propionate in aqueous organic system. Reaction Kinetic catalyst Letters. Vol-47, No.2, pp319-326, 1992
21. Barclay I M. and Butlar IAV. The Entropy of solution. Trans Farad Soc. 1938. 34. Pp1445-1454
22. Varma DK et al. Study of solvent effect on kinetics of alkali hydrolysis of Ethyl Picolinate in water-Acetone media. International J of Advance in Engineering and Management. Vol-2 Issue-9(2020) pp5-6